Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fat Tuesday.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2009 07:49PM

anyone celebrate this? i was thinking what a great excuse it would be to make banana-flax pancakes with fruit sauce. it would take some planning but i'd like to do it next year.

anyone giving anything up for lent? i'm not particularly religious but i was thinking of abstaining from something anyhow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat Tuesday.
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 26, 2009 01:55PM

Yeah, I was thinking about the non-healthy, non-raw foods I have allowed to creep back into my mouth since the holidays and figure now's a good time to mix them. I really struggle at work, though, and blew it last night (damn onion rings!!!), but I can still keep trying!

Date: February 26, 2009 08:36PM

i have decided to give up yelling for lent. non-traditional for sure but man is little ever happy about it. our morning school-time stress-fest sometimes gets out of hand. he has my permission to "boss me around" if i start raising my voice in frustruation.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 26, 2009 08:54PM

That's a good one too! Mine just got over the flu and thinks it's still okay to whine and cry all day. I've kept my cool so far today, but man is it hard!!! I have a headache from keeping it in. She's in school all day tomorrow, so I'll get a break (she goes part time).

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 26, 2009 10:34PM

I celebrated by eating raw dolmas with wild rice, something I don't normally eat. They were excellent. I haven't had any kind of pancakes for Fat Tuesday sense going raw. How do you make banana-flax pancakes? They sound good. I can try them on a Sunday, which is a feast day.

Still haven't decided what to do for lent. Hmmm. I better hurry cuz it's already here! Maybe I'll just take on a discipline rather than giving something up, or just eating real simple meals.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com
Forgiveness is the final form of love.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 27, 2009 12:16AM

YES,,how do you make RAW pancakes....
My kids school served them pancakes and she didn't have any...
SHe is vegan..
I promised to make them for her this weekend...
I would love some RAW ones for me!

DO TELL!!

Date: February 28, 2009 07:41PM

i've seen recipes for dehydrator pancakes, i'm sure you could find some with a google. seems like any bread recipe would work just fine, the thinner ones with a fruit puree rolled up inside like crepes.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 01, 2009 03:10AM

Coco must have been raised a Catholic!

Greek Orthodox here. Pretty close but no Pope.

Date: March 02, 2009 08:07PM

my grandparents were catholic but i was raised hippy. heh. my mom is the organist for the church but she doesn't believe in G_D, it's just a job for her. she likes the people though, me too. it's that "fellowship" thing.

hey, they had pancakes and such at both the anglican and the menonite churches in town. i don't think it's just catholic... good thing, those are actually my least favourite churches ever. all that guilt, oy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables