Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone have an 811 book they want to sell?
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: March 16, 2009 06:12PM

PM me. I can't afford the $30 + shipping. I'm hoping for $10 or under.
Thanks!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone have an 811 book they want to sell?
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: March 16, 2009 11:22PM

I find it weird that it's not on eBay, not is any used book store in the city, not used on-line. Amazon has it "used" for $26 instead of $30. Strange. How long has it been out?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: March 17, 2009 12:48AM

See your local library. If they don't have it, ask them to order it. When they get it they'll e-mail or phone you. Usually it takes a couple of weeks.
Sometimes it's at a nearby district library and you can go there and pick it up.You can use that for the time being until you buy a used(or new) one. You can renew it too online and keep it longer than the original time.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 17, 2009 11:04PM

I thought it was weird that couldn't find it used either.

I just bought it for $25 with free shipping at Amazon.

Posted by: Ebhak ()
Date: March 18, 2009 01:11AM

You can't find it used because people keep it! It's truth!

There's a good indicator for ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 01:11AM by Ebhak.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2009 02:38PM

It is worth the money to read. I'm kinda baffled by the two "sides" in raw food eating. It's like they are at war or something. But there is something to consider. Tonight (Sunday 03/22) on a Satellite Station 3ABN - this may be received on many Dish Network Dishes (and it will re-air again on Tusday 3/24 at 9 AM est) Hans Diehl and Caldwell Esylstein are being interviewed. Now these are not raw foodists but Vegans. They along with many other legitimate doctors like Dr. McDougall, T. Colin Campbell etc all suggest a diet lower in fat - high in complex carbohydrates. But then you enter the raw food world - as I did and find hostility against this type of diet in favor of one high in fat and low in carbs. I've been reading the discussions here on this board about this and I am concerned because I think alot of people (me included) want true, honest research and how is it that The Chip program, Esylsteins heart program and McDougall have had such amazing success (not even in the raw food realm) and we know that what they are saying is true and results in people's lives are amazing - but then when you eat raw food - you need to limit fruit, and eat high fat. It doesn't add up to me. You look at Doug Graham and I am not sure we have to count out fat to the "tee" and make sure we only 10% instead of 12% but let's face it - he looks very healthy and he is healthy. I think based on my prior knowledge of the doctors above and reading all of have in the raw food realm I would have to favor Doug Graham and his approach. When you think about it - fruit is easy to eat - simple, clean and digests easy. Nuts on the other hand take alot of work (if you have to do it) to crack open and eat and they are a little harder on the digestion and they will not fill you up as well either. God created fruit for us in the beginning. These are just my thoughts and I am concerned as I read the raw foodists - I wish there was not such a religion about it - and more honest research -as stands behind the work of T. Colin Campbell and Esylstein and McDougall.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 22, 2009 05:19PM

'but then when you eat raw food - you need to limit fruit, and eat high fat.'

No - I don't. Go to 30bananas aday to find happy harmonious fruit eaters!

Wendy - I found 80/10/10 very difficult to get in England too - I eventually paid a lot for it and got it and No - I will not be parting with it ever.

Bryan - you must have good libraries in the States. I am continually requesting books and they can't find them on the computer and that is the end of that. The phrase I hear most in the library is 'No, I'm sorry - we don't have that book' sad smiley

Posted by: yemango ()
Date: March 26, 2009 04:41AM

do you still need this book? by Dr Graham?

i may have one...its slightly damaged - well the text is fine but it was in a package with raw cacao spread and now its dirty on the edges and some of the index...but if you want it let me know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables