Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

use of living rather than raw foods
Posted by: Rudra ()
Date: April 04, 2009 03:40PM

i realize this site has raw food named in it.

yet. the living and raw food has changed since the inception of this sit. ( by the way .. i believe it is the best accessible site and it has the wisest community members.

i would just like to say we should call what we eat "LifeFood"..

life food means that it is alive with the sound of music.. or is pure and good for u.

a raw hybrid banana is something i have not eaten for years because i know it is bad for me.

i would never eat raw meat.

i would not eat organic or non-organic raw food like beans or grains...

my food must have vital life in it.
my diet is the jubb diet.. just flowered vegetables, fruit, seeds and nuts ( but no peanuts)

truly

what are your beliefs.

roland

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: use of living rather than raw foods
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 05, 2009 11:04PM

How about calling it the Holistic Diet? I think that's what I'm going to start saying to people from now on. I like how it has a very positive connotation and evokes images of eating simply and close to nature. Whereas "raw vegan" tends to freak people out when you explain that you eat mostly raw fruits & vegetables, as people tend to be turned off by the idea. "Holistic Diet" on the other hand, it sounds rather charming, don't you think?

Posted by: Dirawk ()
Date: April 06, 2009 12:58AM

i personally like living foodist over raw foodist because raw foodist can apply to anything from raw meat, raw dairy and raw dehydrated snacks. raw meat is no longer living, raw dairy has no life, and even though raw crackers are not necessarily bad for you, dehydrating seems to dry out the life in them. what makes something living is the quality of water contained in that substance. which applies to people as well. awesome bulletin topic, by the way.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 06, 2009 02:21AM

I like to think of myself as a fresh garden food eater because my food is produce that is grown in the garden and eaten fresh and natural.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 06, 2009 03:31AM

Thanks for asking about beliefs. This is what I believe:

It is morally wrong to take the life of an animal for sustenance when it is not necessary.

It is physically healthier to get at least the large majority of our calories from plants and generally of much lower environmental impact.

It is a mistake to ignore micronutrient needs, at least until after you kind of memorize more or less what foods provide what nutrients and have the knowledge to choose rightly when need be. Deficiencies can and do develop on raw food diets in those who throw caution to the wind. They may be very vocal about how healthy they are and that can last for many years but at some point there may be a problem. They take a variety of routes at this stage:

-take supplements
-start incorporating some cooked foods
-start eating animal foods
-stay in denial and get sicker
-quietly stop participating on this and other related forums
-loudly proclaim that they "almost died" from a raw vegan diet and how "unhealthy" it is.

I like the first two options myself.

Uncooked foods provide more cancer protection than cooked, in general, but not always.

Raw leaves are at the very top of the nutrient density and cancer protection chart.

Essential fatty acid intake and balance is important.

At this point I could provide many other statements as to particular micronutrients but most people find that boring so I will skip it.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:59AM

Roland, bananas aren't 'bad for you'! Virtually everything you eat is a hybrid.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 06, 2009 07:32AM

it is true that almost all fruits and vegetables have been hybridized to a certain extent

but bananas don't have a seed in them

that says a lot

true bananas do have a seed in them

and that is actually the definition of a fruit ( contains seed)

then again, lots of fruits are now "seedless"

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 06, 2009 08:00AM

Sure, but I'd suggest that Roland and anyone else who believes bananas are 'bad' for us for that reason ask the 600+ members of '30 Bananas' forum what they think:

[arawconnection.ning.com]

I don't think anyone can be sure, but...there will at least be some 'alternative views' offered :-)

Date: April 10, 2009 06:52PM

i like the term holistic diet.

yet i would name it wholistic diet for a number of reasons.

i do not care what it is called as long as the world knows what it means. it means essentially what this site is about.

Date: April 10, 2009 06:56PM

good point.

from what i understand... some foods are more hybrid than others. bananas are some of the worst. they have lost their "life"

this is a good question to ask the experts. i am not one.

i just attempt to learn from u all.

in any case, i never touch a banana unless i am in another country where they are still pure.

Date: April 10, 2009 07:01PM

well the expert for me is dr. jubb. why.. because he looks at one's blood with the most sophisticated microscopes available to modern women.

he has seen what the typical organic banana one buys in the usa does to the purity of and life of one's blood.

now i doubt the banana lovers have done the same research.

i was a disciple of yogi bhajan .. the kundalini yoga teacher. he said eat a bannana a day. i did for years. no more.

i trust scientific research plus.. when i have a banana i do not fell alive like i do right now from an extraordinary life food mix.

Posted by: violeta ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:51PM

Rudra, I am interested in what you are saying about Dr Jubb and his diet. I have started reading the parts of his and his wife's books that are online. They are very interesting.

It sounds as if you have met him in person. Do you live in NYC? How long have you been following his plan? Do you use his cookbook, or do you follow his plan in a simple, plain way?

Have you tried any of his detox ideas?

Thank you for any advice.

violeta

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables