Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Liver and Gallbladder Flush Quiestions!!!
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 06, 2009 06:11PM

Ok... So I already did my liver and gallbladder flush... but not much came out.
So now I am finding out that you need to do a parasite and kidney cleanse before.. and clean my colon.... whaaaaaaat???? I was so mad cause in two books I read they never mentioned this!!!! sad smiley

Any advice on this??? And whats the best way to do this so I don't abuse my poor body again and mess it up. I truly want to achieve radiant health and clean myself out. What;s the best and simplest product I can use for these 3 things?
And can I do them at the same time?

Much thanks,
smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liver and Gallbladder Flush Quiestions!!!
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 06, 2009 06:41PM

What do you mean nothing came out? are you suppose to expect stuffs to come out?

Im curiou scus Ive been treating my gallbladder and liver very gently becuase Im on multiple medicines.. are you suppose to expect bile?

Date: April 06, 2009 06:44PM

no i mean very little stones came out... you are supposed to have a lot of stones come out!!!!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 06, 2009 08:30PM

maybe you are healthier than you think and what came out was what was there and nothing more smiling smiley i think id be happy if not much came out .. to me that would be a good indication of better health smiling smiley

ive never heard of having to do a parasite and kidney cleanse prior to a liver and gallbladder cleanse , i dont thikn its a mandatory thing , i dont see why it would be

also if you felt it abuses your body why would you do it? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 06, 2009 08:46PM

Oh... trust me I zm not clean!!! I wish!!! sad smiley

I have been having on and off pain under my lower right rib... and sometimes lower.... (I have been partying and drinking with my friends a lot!!!! I was also very depressed.... the drinking helped!) I know, not a solution but it happened..... and now I am trying to be healthy...happy... and think positive.... I know for a fact that I did a lot of damage from drinking. Not my proudest moment in my life...hate even talking about it! sad smiley So I want and need to be healthy... I'm already 80 % raw.... but I need to clean out my house while I add good stuff in.... The pain has to go away as well! I am 31...and need to clean out my liver.... just need advice.. thanks...yeah I read that you need to do a parasite cleanse otherwise it will not work!

sad smiley

Date: April 06, 2009 08:53PM

well at least your steering in the right direction smiling smiley

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 06, 2009 10:35PM

MAybe its gas? What kind of pain is it?
I was concerned about my gallbladder / liver,
and I realized it was just bloating/gas problems..Go to the doctor and have them do blood work for liver panels, and pancreas and ask for an ultra sound to check your gallbladder, thats what they did for me, and everything was perfect, the ultra sound showed gas. and proper food combining helps me quite a bit with that..

But yea, what does the pain feel like? and how far up and down does it go?

Also, maybe you should get some milk thistle / liver cleansing/rejouvinating supplemts. they been working great for me. =]

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 06, 2009 11:29PM

I have done several liver cleanses... both with the parasite cleanse and with out... i used a tincture called Clarkia you can order it... it's a combination of clove black walnut hulls and wormwood... and yes it does make a difference...it did for me... with the parasite cleanse lots of stones... green and cream color... with out the parasite cleanse...not so much and i felt very sick to my stomach... the reasoning is that if you have liver flukes or other parasites they will keep the stones from moving out of the liver... you can do the liver flush every 2 weeks...no sooner... and if you do 10 you will get rid of plenty of stones and allergy problems and weight problems... I got my information from Hulda clark... you can also go to www.curezone.com and look under liver flush there is plenty of info there...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: April 07, 2009 03:52AM

Where the parasites fit into the gallstone picture is that at the center of hardened gallstones there is often a peice of material that is suspected was once a parasite. So the gallstones form around parasites like a pearl is formed around a grain of sand (not the same thing of course but a little similar).

Did you take epsom salts 45 minutes or so before you drank the oil, to relax the muscles in the liver/gallbladder so that the stones would flush?

Gallstones don't start out hard as a rock, at first they are soft, did you flush any soft stones? That's progress too.

Check out this herb, it's awesome at cleansing. I got some a few weeks ago and you can feel it working cleaning out the kidneys - you cramp up when you take it. If you get some, I recommend getting the ground up herb rather than an extract - I just personally have never been a big fan of extracts, it's seems like they might go bad faster than an herb.

If you do a search on this herb, you'll find that it is usually the second ingredient listed in dog and cat kidney support formulas! So I have a lot of respect for this herb.

The article quotes a doctor as saying that:
[www.wholeworldbotanicals.com]

"She later met a German doctor who had been using chanca piedra in his medical practice in Germany who told her that 94% of all the cases he encountered among his patients of gallstones and kidney stones were "completely eliminated" within one or two weeks. For several hours during the actual process of elimination of the stones, some patients experienced stomach cramps. Another physician whom Maxwell interviewed about his use of chanca piedra for his patients said that the plant worked 100% of the time and without any side effects.

In France, Chanca Piedra has been used for some time to treat gall and kidney stones. It is part of a pharmaceutical product called Pilosuryl, which is sold as a diuretic."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 03:57AM by tropical.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 07, 2009 07:58PM

I am curious to hear what those of you who have done the flush would say to this article from quackwatch:
[www.quackwatch.org]

I have never done the liver cleanse but was thinking about it.

Posted by: ruby ()
Date: April 07, 2009 09:21PM

This might be helpful:

[www.drclark.net]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 07, 2009 11:32PM

cocoa_nibs,

Quackwatch cannot be trusted; the guy has an "agenda." People have done the Clark liver flush and had the stones biopsied--genuine bile and gall stones. It was, and I believe, still is a common home remedy for gall bladder inflammation, where surgery would be too costly or dangerous, like in Eastern Europe. I am planning on doing a liver and gallbladder flush in the fall, and have no doubts it will be successful. I am going to warn my doctor that I'll be bringing in a jar of "specimens" for him to send off to a lab for a path report. He and I will both want our curiosity satisfied.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 08, 2009 03:08AM

Tamuhka, yes the quackwatch guy is definitely to be taken with a big chunk of kelp! Please do let us know what your stones biopsy results are. GOod luck

Date: April 08, 2009 05:17AM

i think its up to the individual to decide what is quackery and what is not .. ive also read alot of bad things about dr.clark but whos to say whats really true, right, wrong smiling smiley

if it feels good to you and you feel its neccessary than do it .. just do it after you have explored all the ups and downs , ins and outs. do your research on whatever it is you do smiling smiley

one thing i am curious about , is how do you determine weather you need to have a liver, kidney , colon, bowel, gallbladder , bladder whatever flush ? do you experience pain ? or symptoms or signs or???

i lived a pretty hard living life for the first 30 years and never experienced anything that made me think id need to do these things .. are there signals? signs? symptoms? i once thought i might have parasites but it turned out to be a small hemrhoid lol .. besides that i havent experienced anything that would make me think or want to cleanse the rest of my organs smiling smiley

just curious smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 05:21AM by Jgunn.

Date: April 08, 2009 02:56PM

Jodi,

The typical sign of a congested liver and/or gallbladder(they're symbiotic) is poor digestion. This could be anything from undigested food in stool to chronic dyspepsia. While these can be caused by other things, underproduction of bile due to occlusion in the liver can be the culprit, and a serious one, especially where digestion of fats is concerned. Who knows how many people that present with atherosclerosis initially just had just liver or gall problems? It isn't routine to screen these organs in a physical. One can be asymptomatic and still have stones. But any upper digestive disturbance not explained as an ulcer or food allergy, and not acute, should implicate the liver. Also, any prolonged dull ache in the region of the liver or gallbladder. Frankly, medicine is really remiss in its regard for these two organs--their proper functioning is vital to good health! In the case of seeming bile problems or pain, a simple ultrasound may be sufficient to show the presence of stones. One of the reasons the epsom salts and oil and citrus flush is so popular is that, if done properly, it cannot hurt you. If you don't see a result[not likely], no harm done. If you do see a result, you may be sparing yourself a serious surgery, which always carries more risk than a liver flush.

Date: April 08, 2009 07:01PM

Hey Tam thanks for the insights, i was asking mostly out of concern for a friend that is about my size (5'2) and i think shes about 130lbs-140 soemwhere in there. She has been for the last year shunning fruit (says it mmakes her fat) and doing all these master cleanses , salt flushes, colon clenses , liver, kidney gallbladder yada yada yada .. im concerned because she is CONSTANTLY on something flushing something and quite frankly after a year of this she looks worse off than before and she has no energy and she goes from binging on vegan to back to bingeing on cooked carnivore and back and forth, not to mention she was hospitilized twice in the last few months for severe constipation. I think at some point doing all these flushes etc start to become abusive. I see your point about no harm done ..but at what point does it become harmfull or excessive?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 07:06PM by Jgunn.

Date: April 08, 2009 09:53PM

Jodi,

Very alarming about your friend! A liver and gallbladder flush isn't an annual event. Rather, you do a series in a single year until your stop seeing a "return." This can be interpreted as the slate's being wiped clean so, ideally, you change your diet so that you need never do a flush again. Salt flushes are dangerous because they are dehydrating and cause severe electrolyte imbalance. Your friend could develop serious heart arrhythmia if she persists in doing what she's doing. Is she, perhaps, overpreoccupied with hygiene matters? Please try to get through to her that the body needs rest as much as it needs cleansing, and that it's impossible to be squeaky clean internally, no matter how hard you try. Our systems are designed to maintain a certain level of septicemia for metabolic stasis. Plus, our planet is filthy. By overcleansing your friend is actually making her internal environment one where only the most hardy bad organisms will survive. I hope she sees what harm she is doing herself soon and returns to some sort of equilibrium, healthwise.

Date: April 09, 2009 04:50PM

Tam i have no doubt that she over-preoccupied with hygiene matters , she is a self proclaimed clean queen and a bit of a germophobe. im quite sure if there is a clinical hypochondriacal type name for her obsession with cleaning out her internal pipes ..she's got it. i have suggested to her counselling for her various emotional aches and pains . She only went to the hospital for the first time because at my prodding after her telling me she hadnt had more than a slight rabbit @#$%& daily for several weeks i felt her abdomen an it felt hard as a rock .. as it turned out her colon was serverly impacted and was the source of all the abdominal cramps and pain she had been experiencing . the ER doctor told her after whatever colonic type thing they administered to break it up adn get it out of her, he felt she had a lazy colon and prescribed the usual rounds of meds etc

i think her lazy colon is the result of too many things flushes via orally and anally and she is just putting her digestive system into a serious shut down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 04:52PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: August 15, 2010 05:44AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cocoa_nibs,
>
> Quackwatch cannot be trusted; the guy has an
> "agenda." People have done the Clark liver flush
> and had the stones biopsied--genuine bile and gall
> stones. It was, and I believe, still is a common
> home remedy for gall bladder inflammation, where
> surgery would be too costly or dangerous, like in
> Eastern Europe. I am planning on doing a liver
> and gallbladder flush in the fall, and have no
> doubts it will be successful. I am going to warn
> my doctor that I'll be bringing in a jar of
> "specimens" for him to send off to a lab for a
> path report. He and I will both want our
> curiosity satisfied.

Hi. I am interested in the topic of gallbladder flushing and was wondering if you finally did one last fall and how it went.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 15, 2010 11:31AM

If it is the epsom olive oil style liver cleanse then its a sham, even with dilating your bile ducts with epsom there is no way the size of these balls that come out are gallstones and such. Gallstones also dont float.

if you want to cleanse your liver and get bile moving then bitter herbs are the way forward.

Date: August 15, 2010 01:08PM

Horsea,

Hiya! No, I didn't end up doing it last year because I didn't think I was cleansed enough intestine-wise to have success. I am shooting for this Fall; if I get it done, I'll post back here.

powerlifer,

I agree that bitter herbs can be beneficial to the gallbladder and liver, but, as I know plenty of former Soviet citizens for whom the magnesium sulfate and oil/acid flush worked and kept them out of hospital, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it as you. It cannot be said that it doesn't remove detritus as most people don't have it done in a clinical setting and the stones analyzed subsequently. That would be the only way to determine it's ineffective.

Date: August 15, 2010 02:17PM

Aye def, if it works its likely because the olive oil stimulating bile flow because there is no way the gallstones would be able to fit through the bile ducts like i say.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 15, 2010 02:36PM

Tam, how do you measure intestine-wise readiness?
I'm curious about this because I have "interesting" digestion and persistant iron deficiency that nothing seems to have an impact on.

I would be willing to give this a go in the fall. I think.

Date: August 15, 2010 05:32PM

coco,

I'll do it when I feel that my intestine can efficiently process and evacuate all matter; I have good days and bad days yet(which is why the move to fully raw from high raw). I don't want to bunge up the system with [additional] crap yet, you know?

powerlifer,

Magnesium sulfate is a powerful diuretic, and the idea is that it causes full dilation of the bile and gall ducts and intestine prior to the oil/acid expulsion. Otherwise, you could get a dangerous impaction, which was known to happen in the Old Country, or so I'm told.

P.S. Love your use of "Aye" smiling smiley

Date: August 15, 2010 06:14PM

Haha i am from Scotland afterallsmiling smiley.

I believe the bile ducts even with magnesium can only expand 2.55mm tops i cant remember where i read that im trying to find the link now my bookmarks is a joke to look through, which wouldnt account for how these massive "stones" come out which is likely the reaction from the mixture. I believe theres a video where someone makes the mixture up and shows you why it happens.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 15, 2010 06:17PM

I am interested in the liver flush and have read a little bit on it. I read that before the flush one is to drink apple juice or vinegar in order to soften the stones.
One other thought is my sister in law is having a gall bladder attack and is scheduled to have it removed. she has had a hystorectomy and some other items removed but it amazes me that it does not seem to bother her to rely on a doctor to dictate her health. she does not look into alternative ways to keep her body parts and even voices a negative opinion on those who attempt better health through nutrition. It makes me wonder what is different with those who fight to keep their body parts. What makes us blessed that we consider a different approach than the dictates of a doctor and their desire to remove our internal organs?
I was concerned with the liver flush because of ingesting all that oil though because I have heard of the evils of oil intake. I did a little experiment with a liver flush a while back inwhich I drank wheatgrass juice throughout the week and drank the salts and oil I expelled a bunch of small pellets and really felt energetic the rest of the day.

Date: August 15, 2010 08:25PM

Id give bitters a shot pam, i agree ive seen many a same case where people will be quick to shoot you down and lose there gallbladders, thyroid glands etc. Crazy stuff putting your health in the hands of doctors at times. Sometimes the quickest way to correct is to just remove and that isnt good enough at times and will either leave you using hormones from them in the thyroids case or side effects.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 16, 2010 07:27AM

I think all these flushes etc are overdoing it and getting carried away. Eat good food, take plenty of exercise, sleep well and stop quacking yourself (in general - not directed at anyone)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 04:46PM

Generally I do agree with that, I'm not a huge supporter of fasting or any sort of detox that burdens the system unnaturally but... I would like to do this series of treatments once in my life and have done with it.

Tam, I'm still unsure what you mean. I'm not familiar with your particular health issues...

Date: August 16, 2010 06:22PM

coco,

I think any flush where you are releasing solid matter in addition to waste could overburden the intestine if it's not emptying easily and efficiently three times a day(depending on how much insoluble fiber one eats). This isn't yet routine for me--guess I still have a lot of crud to excrete--so I am chary of doing anything that might cause an impaction.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables