Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detoxing from temporary unhealthy living conditions?
Posted by: nik ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:05AM

If you or someone you knew who had a very clean/green lifestyle, ate an all organic 80% + raw diet and used all non-toxic and natural personal care and cleaning products, had to live for a year in standard unhealthy mainstream conditions, could you detox from that and reverse the negative effects quickly? What I mean by that is that you would only have access to low quality limited selections of all non-organic (possibly GM) food, and only available non-food items are mainstream toxic crap. Like Crest toothpaste, Tide detergent, toxic shampoos, soaps, tap water, and other products most people who don't know any better use (or perhaps generic brands of equivalent ingredients). Of course they would try to stick to available options of raw fruits and vegetables, but with the limitation they would probably end up eating roasted nuts, mainstream peanut butter and perhaps noodles or vegetarian options. This could be because of a limited and confined situation like being in the military and being limited by what they provide.

Do you think they could after they get out of the unhealthy situation, restore their health to what it was before it? Would you do a long fast or cleanse? Do you think it would result in any permanent damage or contamination?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detoxing from temporary unhealthy living conditions?
Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:28AM

No, not quickly; health has to be gained and maintained over time, it would just add more stress to try to quickly undue a years worth of toxins and sub-par food; in fact, a fast or cleanse would only enhance the addictive properties of those foods and make the person even less comfortable.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 16, 2009 08:24PM

I am certain health can be regained and no permanent damage would be done. It is not just what we put into our bodies and in what surroundings you are, your mind and attitude has a lot to do with how you are affected by things.

I'd say, Just do the best you can, keep looking for the best options, but if they are not available, don't fret it.

And I guess wherever you are you could do a day of fasting or mastercleansing a week or something similar, to retain comfortable connection with your body
Good luck

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:56AM

I read the following quote somewhere:
"What we think is more important that what we eat".

We should trust nature and not worry too much, just doing the best we can.

wishing you the best

Cynthia

Date: April 17, 2009 05:13PM

You could take Chlorella and Spirulina during those times when you can't find organic food.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2009 04:25AM

I am envious of anyone that was able to live so cleanly in the first place and my feeling is that if you have been conditioned and trained to live healthy in the first place, it will not be a problem to gain back whatever setbacks you may have encountered. Being one who has grown up with unhealthy, it is a HUGE challenge to reverse the pattern. I personally am just beginning the journey to good health and I am looking for the strength that is within!

[piffleandprattle.blogspot.com]

Posted by: violeta ()
Date: April 19, 2009 02:55PM

If that person were only going to be in that situation for a year, it might be possible to find non-food items to take with them that could last quite awhile. Miracle II makes a laundry ball that can replace laundry detergent. There are soap bars that can be used for the hair, skin, and teeth, and last a long time. Perhaps there will be borax available, and that has numerous uses.

violeta

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables