Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any One Migrate For The Winter?
Posted by: uti ()
Date: April 24, 2009 06:43PM

Does anyone here migrate to warmer climes for the winter? If so, where do you like to go and how long do you stay?

I'm looking to go somewhere in 2010 to leave the cold and wet Northern California winters for a month or two. I'd love to find a place do do some work exchange to help with my costs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any One Migrate For The Winter?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 26, 2009 01:39PM

Hi Uti,

I love your story and pics in the picture thread.

Are you wanting to work for a place to stay plus food or just a place to stay?

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 03:03AM

This topic has been on my mind because I live in northern Minnesota, and today, April 26, it was about 32 F, and dreary and windy. People get depressed here because winter goes on and on and on. In the future I'd like to set up my life so that I can go somewhere warm for a couple-few months during winter just to break it up a little, but some jobs don't offer flexibility like that, so I'll have to see. It's so interesting where people choose to live. good luck Uti!

-Lisa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 03:04AM by Wies0087.

Posted by: uti ()
Date: April 27, 2009 03:39AM

Ideally, I'd like to find enough work to offset the costs of my stay. I have a diverse range of skills in the building trades, alternative energy, gardening, photography and more. Of course, I'm dreaming of someplace with lots of fresh fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 03:42AM by uti.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 27, 2009 03:52AM

Uti, I have been going down to baja mex for 19 years now, I to live in northern Ca. and I used to hang out for the winters up till 19 years ago.
I go down to Lapaz and around from that point east and west shore and in between.
most winters we would go for 4 to six months there was work exchange farms down in baja im not sure where now, there was one in Todas Santos. anyway it is a very cool spit of land over nine hundred miles long, all kinds of bays
2,000 mile of shore line much roadless crime, no problem about the same amount
in Ca state park system La or SF are more dangerous even with the drug war
It is a magic piece of land the mountains the desert changes every fifty miles
spend a little time there and you will find a wonder land, it all is but that is
the best for me. much free camping in cool spots still.
Lapaz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables