Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

$15 for Groceries
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 29, 2009 04:13PM

I am down to my last $15 after paying rent and have to buy groceries for a week and would like to eat only raw. I don't need full meals as I want to give my body a bit of a break from processed foods, however I do not want to fast.

My question is how would you approach my challenge? Farmers markets are starting up and there are lots of inexpensive vegetables to buy. I would like it to be simple but not complete torture. What would you buy in this situation?

Thank you,

Amanda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: $15 for Groceries
Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: April 29, 2009 04:42PM

JUice carrots.
Eat Bananas.
Grow Sprouts for salads

Date: April 29, 2009 06:05PM

Buy food from the fruit/veg sale section in your grocery/supermarket or visit the markets late in the day to see if they're trying to sale their produce off cheap.

Try to buy high calorie items to keep you filled up- melons, bananas, carrots, some mixed nuts and seeds, apples etc. If you make smoothies, water them down more than usual or use ice.

If you have any green areas nearby, there might be some free foods growing- berries, dandelions, wild rocket, herbs, edible flowers etc.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 29, 2009 06:33PM

pick up a book on the wild edibles in your region, a lot of places you can graze
on the wild, I read about a family sometime back that walked the whloe west coast
and grazed on wild edibles and did very well,
Lapaz

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 29, 2009 08:33PM

farmers market around here is suprisingly expensive.. quite dissapointing, becuase Ive heard complaints as to why people dont visist as much anymore.. well thats my answer, I can get the same stuff, organic for cheaper at jimbos or any other health food market.. sigh.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 30, 2009 04:22AM

Watermellon, collard greens. A couple of bags of frozen strawberries and bananas.
case out the marked down vegies
Find a patch of stinging nettles and other wild greens.
Sprouts

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 30, 2009 10:15AM

I passed a lady yesterday who was having a snack in a field of clover behind a Safeway store. Her lunch was free and she was getting a lot healthier food then the people buying junk food in the store.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables