Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How Horrible is this
Posted by: mrgreen ()
Date: May 04, 2009 07:55AM

-4 year old mcdonalds hamburger -
[www.youtube.com]

I am on a quest to educate my son and others on eating healthy - if not raw at least to stop eating junk. I found this and was astonished.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How Horrible is this
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 04, 2009 08:14AM

disgusting

hilarious

grotesque

disgusting

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 04, 2009 12:34PM

One of my nephews had a McDonald's something or other.....maybe a burger? I don't even know the names of what they have there. Anyway, I hung my head the day I heard of that. sad smiley Very sad that standards aren't higher for food choices.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 04, 2009 02:58PM

Makes me wonder how many foods that ARENT considered fast food would be the same as that 4 yr old burger.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: May 06, 2009 12:31AM

thanks for posting that link

Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: May 06, 2009 01:20AM

NO denying this is the grossest thing and not to defend eating this garbage in anyway AT ALL however, there are very powerful acids going to work when people consume these so they are able to break down. it's kind of comparing apples to oranges here in that just air and nothing else is exposed to this burger. our bodies have a bit more poweful things than air breaking this down.

And let me say again that i in NO way endorse eating this cr*p!! i have a mcmurder golden arches sticker on my car!

Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 06, 2009 04:09PM

I wasn't as impressed by this video. It was gross, I agree, but I'm not sure what it proved.

Oil and salt are both preservatives. I wonder how her raw potato would have fared if it had been as oily and salty and the french fry. Also, I wasn't at all surprised about how the bun aged. Bread will usually only mold if it's in a sealed bag, preventing it from getting dried out. Dry foods don't mold. I'm not sure what I would have expected from a four-year-old meat patty, but it looked like it had dried out too, and probably couldn't be expected to mold either. She implied in the interview that she had done nothing to preserve the burger, like shrink-wrap it, but I suspect it would have molded if she had sealed it from the beginning.

What I find more interesting is Michael Pollan's 20-year-old Twinkie. Apparently it's just as springy as ever. He says he gives it a squeeze from time to time to check.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: May 06, 2009 08:35PM

hack. gag. blech. I don't think all people have the stomach acids required to break this stuff down, so in that aspect I think she has a good point. I think that's why many people get to a plateu with weight loss... they can just never loose "that last 10 lbs." because it's all toxins, and requires more deep detoxing than just regular exercise can do.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables