Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to raw foods
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 06, 2009 09:28AM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I found it through another forum called Healingwell.com, and a really cool member who has told me about this site.

So yes I have a disease called IBD. Or Ulcerative colitis. I have recently bought a book by raw foods dietician called paul nison. I was so inspired by the book that I went on a mostly not 100% raw foods diet strait away. I found that I felt heather in my self but I also found some real cons. I really want to find out what people are doing so that I can get on a diet that gives me energy for my job and day to day life. Well I hope I find advice here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to raw foods
Date: June 06, 2009 11:43AM

I guess what I really need to do is speak to a fruitairan and see what they eat on a day to day basis. This is what I really need to understand.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 06, 2009 12:18PM

What were the "cons", that you referred to? Often times, when a person drastically changes their diet to a completely different way of eating, they will experience a varied amount of detox symptoms, some can be fairly severe.

Is it possible that this is what you are referring to?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2009 12:53PM

Hellokitty,

Welcome! I second juicerkatz's query. Also, be sure to do a Search on these forums for threads about IBD and ulceritive colitis--there have been loads.

Date: June 06, 2009 06:32PM

I have been trying and I do mean trying I havent yet suceeded in doing the paul nison diet. The raw foods diet made me severaly constipated. Im used to saying this stuff on the IBD line but I hope you are are ok speaking about these things.
The other thing is my weight droped to about 98lb. I am 5 foot 1. but I felt so skinny. like I was going to snap. I didn't get rid of all cooked foods. I did eat gluten free poridge for breakfast.

Date: June 06, 2009 06:58PM

please advise. This raw food is the only cure for IBD.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 06, 2009 08:01PM

hellokitty have you tried emailing or phoning paul nison yet to find outif there is something else you can do to relieve the symptoms? ive seen him post here a few times for people to call him re: IBD, colitis, etc.

otherwise welcome to the site i hope you find the answers to help you regain ;your health smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 06, 2009 08:35PM

Im pretty sure I will find the answer. I think one problem I had was I was blending a lot of green veg. i believe this made me too alkaline. I think. My other problem is that I felt too thin to function in my day to day activities. Although I don’t mind being skinny i would like to feel that I will not snap.

Paul looks healthy, he doesn’t look like he is going to snap. I looked at his youtube conferences and he looks really good. I found his book very inspiring. So I need to find some answers. Does he actually talk to people. Im not sure he would want to speak with me, as he is an author of a well know book.

I guess what I really need to understand is what people on raw food diets eat every day. Like as a standard morning, lunch, dinner, ect. I think that I am confused on how to start and where and what.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: June 06, 2009 09:02PM

Hi Hellokitty,
Paul's website might have contact info.. it's worth a shot.

As for the basics of a rawfoods diet, the Vegan Society has an article..

[www.vegansociety.com]

..it covers a sample menu and some of the nutrient issues like vitamins B12 and D; and minerals iodine and sodium.

blessings

Date: June 06, 2009 09:22PM

theres some sample food combining recipies on this site too smiling smiley [www.rawfoodexplained.com]

make sure you scroll down the whole page as it looks like there is a big blank area but the info is near the bottom smiling smiley

Posted by: Paul Nison ()
Date: June 06, 2009 10:52PM

It's Paul Nison,
Give me a call and I'll be happy to talk to you. 561-283-1707. As I said I'll talk to anyone with IBD.

Date: June 06, 2009 11:33PM

=)

Date: June 07, 2009 08:27AM

Thanks for your advice paul. I would like it. What is a convenient time. and how many hours are you behind London.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:52PM

Paul it's great to see someone in the know reaching out. I'm almost in tears. Having had a paryalzed gut until raw, I felt her frustration and am so happy you are here. :-)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Date: June 07, 2009 03:57PM

Well I can only try. if you never try you wont know. There are so many people who are scard to try this. But I was vegi for a few years, although now I only eat fish. I also went to a homeopath years ago who was vegan. he told me you are allergic to gluten and dairy. i didnt listen. I wish I did because I think I wouldent have this now. my bad

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables