Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I wish I did this earlier
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2009 12:10AM

I really do want a raw lifestyle, but something lately was just getting in my way and i didnt feel like myself. I have been having some trouble sticking to my raw lifestyle. I even regressed so far that I was eating dairy. I knew thats not what I wanted and felt horribly sick after. I usually mentally list the pros and cons of what I'm going to eat. But lately I either didn't do that or didn't care. Last week, after I ate some oreos and grilled cheese and got sick, I sat down and made myself a letter. I told myself what I wanted to eat and why, and why I didnt want to eat food that wasnt it freshest.

After that i made a physical list of the non-raw foods ive been eating and listed their pros and cons. Even though i usually do the mental check i found that physically writing them down was very helpful. The categories i listed were.. animal products, processed food, sugar, and cooked food. I found only 2 pros, and they were lame (because i wanted it and cooked and its easy(but an apple of banana is SO much easier!)) I listed many many cons. I'm was so glad i did this, i havent strayed again, and if i feel the urge I will just look at my lists and see if its worth it.

i know many people, raw or not, who do the mental checklist but i really found writing them down more helpful. It helped me get over a plateau and i just wanted to share it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I wish I did this earlier
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:16AM

i hear dairy makes you feel sorry for yourself

Re: I wish I did this earlier
Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:51AM

The only pro of cooked foods, in my opinion, is taste. I feel cooked foods taste much better than raw foods. But that's as far as the pros list goes for me.
The cons, on the other hand, I could probably write a book on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables