Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruits for type 2 Dibetics
Posted by: mtrddog ()
Date: June 24, 2009 09:23PM

hello again my friends I once posted on this list what fruits can a type2 diebetic person consume someone put a list up , does anyone have some info for me I think I can eat all the berry type fruits , also some melons , but like mangos I have some misgivings I know I should be careful with apples well thats it , let me know your thinking is bye Family Zeb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruits for type 2 Dibetics
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 24, 2009 10:33PM

You only have to be careful with what fruit you eat if you eat more than 10% calories from fat. If you have no excess fat in your blood, you're fine with all fruits. It's the fat, not the fruit, that's the problem.

Posted by: gary ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:07AM

> You only have to be careful with what fruit you eat if you eat more than 10% calories from fat

It's an extremenl bold claim (also made in the 811 book right?) Do you know of any references to scientific literatur that backs this up?

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 25, 2009 12:36PM

I found some scientific ref. and I will say I am sorry once again for my poor computer skills I don't know how to do a link perhaps you can repost for the rest of the readers. www.geocites.com/fivepcsaday/fat.html and another more simple explanation actuly refering to fat and candida but same concept at www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/candida.html Suz

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 25, 2009 12:58PM

One way to do a link is to move the cursor up to the top of the page where the address is and right click on the address then click "copy".
Then go to the post you want to put the link in and right click followed by clicking "paste".
For example here's a link to your post: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: June 25, 2009 12:59PM

Pineapple and watermelon are the only two fruits that might need to be "limited". Fruits in general are not high glycemic foods.,but fat intake is the issue.

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 25, 2009 01:08PM

Thank you sooo much EZ I hope to take a computer class someday soon Suz

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 25, 2009 02:17PM

I'm bold. What can I say? It's one of my better qualities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 02:17PM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 25, 2009 02:46PM

I also think fats in the diet play a role in insulin effectiveness.
Further I think the type of fat is a factor. Here's an interesting short article: [www.healthrecipes.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables