Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question for the ladies
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 26, 2009 01:28PM

I have uterine cervical stenosis/endometreosis. and 2-3 times in the last 7 months had such painful cycles that I prob. should have gone to E.R. I have done alot of research on natural therapies/herbs ect... so I thought i would ask my fellow raw sisters if anyone had this condition and did it reverse with a raw lifestyle. I currently am on only melons to help reduce inflamation and flush out before I begin in the next few days. I had also thought about doing an all out water fast. Am I on the right track. thanks Suz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question for the ladies
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:47PM

Hi Suz

I don't have any experience/knowledge of your particular condition, but I can say that in my own experience, all negative symptoms (physical pain, emotional distress etc) of menstruation completely disappeared after I changed to a raw diet. I also feel that the contraceptive pill, tampons etc are also related to pain in that area. I just try to keep things as natural as possible.

Just sharing my own personal experience.

I wish you well, must be really tough, sounds painful sad smiley

good luck on your journey xx

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 26, 2009 04:48PM

I second lisa m's post. I had a lot of hormonal issues and terrible periods that all went away when I changed to a high raw diet.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 26, 2009 05:12PM

no experience with this condition but can say my own issues healed up completly

had hormonal issues as a result of precocious puberty and 7 years of being on hormones to create early menopause. Now have no issues, ovarian cysts healed, ovulation..no pain..no terrible monthly bleeding..and no terrible pain 3 weeks out of 4!!!

I believe a healthy diet will help regulate hormones and let your body heal

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: June 27, 2009 06:57AM

I would be wary of an all water fast. Consider a juice feast, maybe. Good site is globaljuicefeast.com. I felt really supported by that site when I was juice feasting.
Blessings,
Shawna
www.gotgreensrevolution.com
mydailyrind.com

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 27, 2009 07:13AM

agreed fab support juice feasters... I loved my time feasting smiling smiley

Date: June 30, 2009 11:00PM

I am a little disapointed that I still felt this much discomfort 5 days into cycle I hope things go better next month. Suz

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 01, 2009 12:11AM

I know this isn't "raw," but I suffered for YEARS with severe, painful periods - heavy flow and cramps that had me eating Tylenol and Advil by the handful! Tried BC pills (caused only more problems and terrible side-effects), and other remedies, but NOTHING seemed to work. I learned about "Chasteberry Tree" herb (often called Vitex) in my research for natural remedies, and I can honestly say (no joke) that it has literally turned my life around. I have to take them faithfully, but it's SOOOOO worth the benefits. Literally pain-free cycles, less breast-pain, little-to-NO cramping (which is unheard-of for me!). I still have the heavy flow, but can deal with that as long as the terrible PAIN doesn't paralyze me. I hardly have any PMS symptoms any more other than the typical fatigue, water-retention, and acne, and usually it takes me by surprise when it comes to visit.

Now....... before you all start sending suggestions about the raw diet helping my problems, I have to explain that I discovered this little wonder herb BEFORE I learned about the raw diet, so I'm looking foward to seeing what larger improvements I experience with my cycles now that I've radically changed my diet to 100% RAW.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 01, 2009 02:42AM

I started taking vitex a few weeks ago, I will keep my hopes up for next month.Suz

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 01, 2009 10:36AM

I dearly hope that it works for you like it has for me. I notice that when I skip a few days or a week or so, my bad symptoms return, so I have to be faithful, and it WORKS. =) I forgot to tell you that I take - Two 500mg caps twice daily. I remember them by taking them with my meals - Bfast/Lunch. I always throw the second dose in my pocket before leaving for work and make sure I get them down during the day or at lunch. In fact, I take them so regularly, that I just purchased a container of 1,000 caps for decent price from an herbal company. I don't have the name off-hand, but can get their website for you.

I experienced huge improvements just within the first month, but I'm sure it will work differently for each person. Don't be discouraged if you don't feel improvements right away with your first cycle. Give it some time. I was so excited the first month because I didn't even know I was due (hardly any symptoms!) and it surprised me at work. Thankfully my co-workers had supplies for me. They all know about my painful journey and were laughing at me because I was running around like a kid at Christmas telling them all that it just SURPRISED me with no symptoms at all !!! I think that month I literally had ZERO cramps, which shocked me. And I can honestly say that if I take them regularly, I have mostly ZERO cramps or just a little occasional pressure or ache that goes away quickly. I'm SO HAPPY to have my life back and can FUNCTION during that time again.

I'm also very anxious to see how the raw diet affects my cycles as well. Looking for even MORE improvement. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables