Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone know anything about eletric kettles?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:20AM

I wanted one to be able to heat up water to make teas with. I bought this one
[www.everythingkitchens.com]

and what a waste that was! I thought it was great that it was made out of glass..but the boiler thing was metal and the cover was plastic. The think reeked and smelled like plastic and I washed it so many times. I also heated up the water a few times and tasted the plain water and it still tasted like plastic. I guess from the steam rising to the cover. And yes, it was made in China and the website woudln't give me a refund or replacement because it was "opened" and "used".

I'm thinking of going with Bodum..
[www.bodumusa.com]

You can even find those in Whole Foods. Any other suggestions? Using a stove isn't an option.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone know anything about eletric kettles?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:30PM

LikeItOrNot,

I have a Hamilton Beach electric kettle, which I seldom use anymore, of course, but it's fantastic. It's got a 1.7 Liter capacity, and boils that much water in under a minute. I've had it for years, and it still works really well and resists corrosion. I think I got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. But almost any department store should have it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables