Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

still struggling to eat engouh
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 05, 2009 10:34AM

I find it hard to eat engough through the day. Work plays a big role in this.

I eat 5 bananas
1 canalope
a large salad with 7 lettus leafs, and avocado some nuts 100g
2 bananas
bag of cherries
then dinner has been bean sprout hummus with lettus leafs

thats it. Why do I struggle to eat enough. i always running out of fruit and having to buy more. At the present my energy levels are very low.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: still struggling to eat engouh
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 05, 2009 11:25AM

i don't understand your question

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 05, 2009 12:15PM

How are you defining "enough" ?

Is it when you get a weak hunger signal and eat to silence it ?
Or do you ignore the body signal and wait for a stronger hunger signal and then eat something to silence that ?

When you eat do you eat just enough to silence the signal ? or do you eat enough to get the satiated signal ? or do you eat so much that you get a full (stuffed) feeling ?

The habits we have developed are individual and unique. If I read your question right then the answer can be found in how you are reading your body signals and responding to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 12:17PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 05, 2009 12:24PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't understand your question
I think Kitty wants someone to tell her she's not
eating enough. I can't do it. I'd feel like a blimp eating all
she does....WY

Date: July 05, 2009 12:50PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> la_veronique Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i don't understand your question
> I think Kitty wants someone to tell her she's not
>
> eating enough. I can't do it. I'd feel like a
> blimp eating all
> she does....WY

lol

I guess I havent had as much energy as I thought Id have this week. i went home during a management meeting because I was feeling so tired and week. The company is not happy. I thought it was do to the fact I need to increase my calories. so I am asking am I eating engouh? if I eat more will I have more energy to make it through work? Im worried about the job as they are not happy with me being ill all the time latly. my manager said that I need to see a doctor and sort it out. Like that would help! The GP has never even heard of the SCD diet let alone a raw foods diet! lol

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 05, 2009 01:00PM

IMO, if you start listening to your body language everything will sort itself out.
Keep it simple and don't loose your job in the confusion. Keep it simple. Try to relax and get in the flow.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 05, 2009 01:24PM

funny when i first read it i thought dang thats not much food at all ! lol

calorie wise it adds up to alot of calories but about 800 of it is in fat avos and nuts

are you finding you are wanting to eat more often and feel deprived because you cant?

if yer running out of produce (fruit) you need to buy more smiling smiley

do you have a blender? i find sipping on smoothie throughout the day kills alot of cravings smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 05, 2009 02:36PM

I couldnt eat that much, I eat small amounts when I am truly hungry..

If you are feeling TRULY hungry, eat. simple as that

dont wrap yourself in circles getting stressed hunny!!

Date: July 05, 2009 04:48PM

Yea I know. Its the pressure of the company to keep working all the time. Sometimes I don't simply have time to eat. On my days off I seem to eat alot more

today

5 bananas
1 whole bag of spinach 300g only 50 caloris
6 lettus leafs with a whole bag of bean sprouts and an avocado
1 whole melon
dinner i will have zucinni pasta 2 zuccines
5 bananas

thats what I feel I need

The company doesnt cater for me being able to eat that amount. I guess i will have to plan my days better.

Date: July 05, 2009 05:01PM

make time to eat then, you must do what you have to

they cant legally not allow your breaks/luncbreak- what sort of job do you do?

Date: July 05, 2009 06:03PM

Im a retail manager.

Date: July 05, 2009 06:39PM

you must get a lunch break, legally, eat whenever you can

simple

I get a break and lunches but rarely have time to leave my office, so I eat whenever I can, not going to starve for any job!!

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 05, 2009 07:52PM

Hellokitty,
When I plug it into nutritiondata.com it comes out to 2322 calories (I guessed a couple quantities and type of hummus).

[www.nutritiondata.com]

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:12PM

if i were to start my day off with 5 bananas my blood sugar would soar and i would

get shaky and weak, kinda like a hypoglycemic reaction.

when that happens it fools my body into thinking i need more calories when actually

i dont.

then i have to eat some greens or a non sweet fruit to counter act this.

but this is just me...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 05, 2009 09:24PM

HelloKitty,

That's enough calories for energy, but, and I cannot overstress this, please don't mix your fats and fruit. Try saving the avo or nuts until the end of the day, and eating your fruit at the beginning. This may make a difference.

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: August 02, 2009 01:34AM

I find I am not hungry until between 11AM and 1 pM. I like to eat sweet watery fruit (melon). Then I am hungry again at about 2 hour intervals... I try to eat only sweet before 5 pm and after that my veggies and fats (avo and tahini/nuts).

I use fitday.com to make sure I am getting at least 1,200 calories. I am actively trying to loose weight (still have 30-40 lb to go). When I first started my raw journey I was eating WAY too many calories. I found I was eating out of boredom or because I was worried I wasn't getting "enough". And then I discovered Fitday and it helped me realize that I DIDN"T need as many calories as I was eating. I am a housewife and to maintain my current weight would need just 1800 a day, and I in fact was GAINING!

Fitday helped me pursue 80/10/10 (which of course varies for me but averages out to more of a 70/15/15).

Fit day helped me see what I was eating vs what I needed to be eating and also help me add up calories as I ate through the day so I could pay attention to how I felt (satiated vs non-satiated) after eating certain things, and then also look at how many calories I had left to fulfill my minimum requirement (1200)...

Not to sound like a commercial for fitday, but it and other programs have been absolutely necessary for my raw and dietary success.

Ne who...

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: August 03, 2009 01:57AM

i think smoothies, like jodi said, might be the way to go while you're in work - you could make up a few bottles/flasks in the morning (fruit/greens - go for sweet fruit for energy - eg banana/spinach etc) and just have a drink whenever you get hungry. that way you don't draw attention to yourself by seeming to eat all the time.

I know you're not 'supposed' to eat melon with anything, but the other day I was out and about all day with no time to eat, so I made up some smoothies with piel de sapo melon and green juice. they got me through the whole day, no hunger at all, totally energised.

and I second Tamhukha in leaving your fats for later. I find that fats can leave me a little lethargic, after eating, much more so than fruit.

For example - last night I hadn't eaten any fat all day, just mangoes and green juices, and I went to work, took a couple of smoothies, and was totally energised - even wired - all night. I got in at 2am all wide awake and didn't go to bed till 4. However, tonight, I had an avocado salad for dinner, and I felt so sleepy driving home my eyes were closing, I had to stop on the way for a little nap!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 14, 2009 10:40AM

I definitely have the same problem. I just don't feel hungry at all! I'm not doing much excercise at the moment so I guess that contributes, but I really don't get that hungry feeling much at all. I just eat because I feel I have to. At the moment I eating way less than Hellokitty menu at top..It just seems strange to force yourself to eat against what you feel. I won't do that.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 14, 2009 02:45PM

That sounds that about the quantity that I eat and it feels enough to me. Are you hungry?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables