Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ass hurting when sitting down...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:08PM

I've lost some weight recently due to sticking to raw food completely. I know this is the least of worries and it's my body's way of telling me that I shouldn't be sitting on hard-surfaces for too long like that without getting up and moving around... it is a little annoying sometimes though...

I also feel like standing and exercising more. I heard a short anecdote of one fruitarian woman from Sweden who ate almost nothing but grapes, was full of energy the whole time and NEVER sat down... I'm not sure how true that is though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ass hurting when sitting down...
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:44PM

Yes, it's one of the negatives of losing weight. You'll feel more uncomfortable on long flights as well.

I was involved in a car crash last Autumn and suffered chest injuries from the seat belt. Painful for weeks! It's because I had 'less padding' than the average!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 10, 2009 05:20PM

Me giggles once again. It will be WONDERFUL when I can complain about a boney-butt one day again !! *LOL* =) I'll gladly take a pillow along. *grin*

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 10, 2009 06:07PM

This is common. I've known folks that have this problem to buy those little portable butt-pillows! Heh...heh. It's all good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 10, 2009 06:45PM

I too have a bony ass - here's what I do:

I have a 8+ hour a day office job. I bought one of those fitness balls (after 6 months of wanting to do it, but being too embarassed).

It's awesome because you're getting a work-out the whole time / you can't just relax on it, plus it forms to your butt. I seem to have a habit of bouncing around a lot on it - good for the abs! (Warning: it will hurt your back the first few days until you get used to sitting up straight),

And as for being embarrased - now 6 other people have fitness balls instead of chairs =)

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 10, 2009 06:59PM

Yeah....thats what happens when you get skinny....then after you get spanked...your ass hurts even more!
-Kinky John

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 10, 2009 07:35PM

one of those things..get a pillow!! haha

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: July 10, 2009 08:07PM

CJJ - Do you watch The Office? [www.youtube.com]
The separate youtube clip was deleted, but the same one is included in that video, from 1:51 - 3:01.

I have noticed that once my weight drops below 110 (which it did well over a month ago) that I have to start using a thin pillow between my knees. I sleep on my side, and my knees have become so boney they hurt when resting on top of each other. Now that I've hit 100, I'm starting to feel pain in my hips just lying on my mattress. I guess a better quality mattress is something I need to consider buying soon.

Date: July 10, 2009 09:13PM

Hmm...if youre starting to drop below 100, perhaps you need to eat more. Unless of course youre like 4 ft tall. ? I mean....you should be comfortable in your own body. Being healthy shouldnt make you oncomfortable.
Thoughts?

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 11, 2009 12:48AM

petrichor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CJJ - Do you watch The Office?
> [www.youtube.com]
> The separate youtube clip was deleted, but the
> same one is included in that video, from 1:51 -
> 3:01.

hahahahahahahahahahah !!! I laughed so hard just now. Love that show. LOLOL

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: July 11, 2009 03:30AM

veganreikiangel- I am 5'5", I do have a low BMI but there's not a ton I can do right now about it. A lot of it dropped off due to illness, I lost about ten pounds (was 118 last summer) and then when I started eating raw I lost more, and I just had another flare up that lasted Wednesday night until late Thursday night, I've been lying in bed and I haven't had anything but water and a little bit of juice since Wednesday night which is why I've dropped another few pounds.

I have been reading that during detox you do lose quite a bit initially, often down to an "unhealthy" weight, and once you heal you gain some of it back. So I'm really hoping for that to happen. I'm trying to make sure I eat enough, drink enough, and I have been eating some fats as well, but my appetite has decreased significantly the past couple weeks- it's something I'm working on. I guess it's just a wait-and-see thing, because nothing I eat seems to help me gain, the weight has been coming off very slowly.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: July 13, 2009 05:30PM

I have a flat ass anyways. I'm 5'5" and when I hit around 130 or lower I have to sit on my ankle because my butt bones can't handle a hard surface. :-(

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Date: July 13, 2009 05:34PM

Yeah...Ive heard that before. I hope you feel better and gain some weight soon!
Good luck with your detox! A friend of mine did an extended 9 month juice cleanse/fast/feast and initially lost weight too...then started to gain it back after a few months.
Shekinah Love

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 13, 2009 10:46PM

You aint had ass pain till you had anal abscesses.
I have had 6.
They require draining of the puss.
They are so painful that every nerve in your bod has been recruited to hurt,even your fingernails.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 10:47PM by eaglefly.

Date: July 14, 2009 06:38AM

Thankfully Ive never had any anal abcesses, however I do have a delicate sphincter. Depending on what I eat, or how the water is where I am....it sometimes burns when I shower...when the water runs over it. Its very strange. I have experienced pain tho when trying to experience some anal *joys* as a gay man...but alas.
As for bony butt syndrome...you could try working out...build up the glutes!

Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: July 14, 2009 10:37AM

There is a chair that has a fitness ball built into it....[www.amazon.com]

As it says in the Bible, "all parts of the body are important', but you never really appreciate that until you've had rear end problems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables