Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Canker Sores
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:18AM

I get canker sores in my mouth on my tongue and inside cheeks. They seem to be getting more frequent and more painful as I get older. I am 48.

Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to prevention and/or treatment?

I practice yoga, eat healthy, and manage my stress as best as I can. I would love to find a way to prevent these canker sores from occuring.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Peace & Love,

RAW BETTI

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Canker Sores
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:50AM

I dab baking soda directly on the sores and it works great.
generally caused from excess acid.Suz

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 23, 2009 12:15AM

hi..

canker is nasty little problem and i can empathize with you. i have had them also. they seem to appear when the body gets "acid" and stressed out. also i think candida overgrowth can also be implicated.

unless you can do something to stop the irritation which is like breaking the self perpetuating nature of the cankers they just continue seemingly "forever"....kinda like a dog chasing its tail aroun and around in circles.

there is available a product which i found out about after many years of periodic suffering, which works by "sealing over" the area of the sore with an artificial skin (non toxic) and allow the sore a chance to begin the healing process without the saliva etc. from coming into contact with the sore.

the product is called zilactin-b and you should be able to find it at most drug stores. it is over the counter so you wont need a perscription and it really works and will give you relief and helin in a matter of a few days.

to get at the cause you will need to get your body in an alkaline state with juices and alkalinizing minerals. calcium and magnesium citrate from now foods is a good product and not very expensive

getting some ph paper for testing your ph from the drugstore would also be worth investing in along with the zilactin-b.

i wish you rapid relief from such an irratating problem!

jj

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: July 23, 2009 12:36AM

Have you tried swishing with salt water a few times per day?

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2009 04:42AM

Oil Pulling helps by keeping your mouth clean and "drawing" toxins out.
[www.oilpulling.com]

Basically, you just take 2tbsp of UNREFINED sunflower oil or sesame oil and swish it around in your mouth first thing in the morning for 20 minutes.

What kind of tooth paste are you using? I found that to be my main culprit.. even with the "natural" ones.

For most people, too much citrus and salt cause them.

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: July 26, 2009 11:55AM

Witch hazel is amazing. Must be T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel. Applied directly,
it will not only arrest the further development of the canker sore but you will see improvement very quickly.
Witch hazel should be a part of every first aid kit. I reach for it every time I suffer an injury, even if it's musculoskeletal. It's very healing.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 26, 2009 10:46PM

put a few drops of oil of oregano on your toothbrush before you apply the toothpaste - it is an excellent antiviral, anti bacterial and greatfor overall health of your mouth. It is very potenet - only use 1 or 2 drops and brush at least twice per day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables