Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone ever drink Life Ionizer/Alkaline water?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2009 04:28AM

This product:
[www.lifeionizers.com]

It's basically a water filter/ionizer that "alkalizes" tap water. My local co-op bought one and is selling the water at $1 per gallon or so. Supposedly it's *the best* but I can't say I've had anything positive from drinking it.

It doesn't taste all that "clean" to me. It seems a bit..fizzy? I thought maybe it's the alkaline=ness hitting the metal/fillings in my mouth or something.

Other thing I've noticed is that it gives me a headache. Tap water has ALWAYS given me a headache and yet Poland Spring never did. So because I get a headache I don't feel that it's that much better for "tap water". I also don't believe the headaches are me "detoxing" when I've done a lot of "detox" things in my life and they hadn't resulted in instant headaches.

Anyone else with any thoughts on it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone ever drink Life Ionizer/Alkaline water?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 26, 2009 02:42PM

IMO, tap water is filthy and toxic, and avoid it if you can. There is very little evidence that alkalized water is beneficial once consumed; I've never noticed any difference. I drink reverse osmosis filtered water that I get from a water filtering franchise. My health has improved from switching to that from tap water, likely because the RO water has no chlorine, fluoride, or heavy metals in it. This might be helpful: [www.rawfoodsupport.com] and this: [www.rawfoodsupport.com] and this: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]. I'm sure there are even more conerstions of this kind on these Forums; maybe do a longer search? Good luck!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 26, 2009 04:35PM

The claim is that RO, filtered tap, and Distilled
water is Acidic to the body. Ionized water provides a higher pH,
therefore is better for Alkalinizing the body....or so the theory
goes. I think it's a Scam.....WY

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 26, 2009 10:05PM

As WY stated, the ph of the water is supposed to be higher and therefore a "better" water to drink healthwise, as acidic water is bad for the body. I have read that cancer & other diseases thrive in an acidic environment, that is the reason for using the ionizer, to increase the ph.

I have done a bit of research on the subject, & still haven't decided if it is valid or not/ However, I do use Berkey filtered water, and I add a lemon or lime slice to all that I drink. From what I have read on other sites, lemon or lime will increase the ph level in the body.

At the very least, it makes for a great tasting/thirst quenching drink, so that is where I'm at right now...

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2009 11:37PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMO, tap water is filthy and toxic, and avoid it
> if you can.

I don't drink tap water. I drink bottled. I know there are tons of debates on whether or not bottled is better than tap, but I can say that I don't get headaches and I don't get a nasty after taste with most bottled water as I did with that "filetered" tap.

Besides the alkalizing, supposedly it filtered out all the crap that makes tap taste like crap and I can't say it tastes cleaner to me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 27, 2009 12:03PM

LikeItOrNot,

I can taste the metals and chlorine in my tap water, and it's supposed to be some of the cleanest in the Midwest. The RO water I get tastes like nothing. Which is the object, I guess. Isn't Poland Spring one of those "spring water" brands that is from an actual spring? If it is, there's your answer.

I stopped spending money on the high pH water after doing a casual cost-benefit analysis and realizing that it might take me a year to deduce that I was receiving no health benefits whatsoever. By which time I'd be hundreds of dollars in the hole. It's a gamble.

Posted by: karensmith ()
Date: December 07, 2011 10:58AM

I drink alkaline water produced by the Tyent USA water ionizers. It tastes good and promotes health and fitness. This alkaline water flushed out the toxins from my body and maintains the acid-alkaline body pH. Alkaline Water also cleanses the skin to prevent premature aging. To know more about alkaline water, visit :

[www.alkalinewater.com]
[www.tyentusa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 11:00AM by karensmith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables