Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Unshelled nuts in the UK
Posted by: alisonott ()
Date: July 26, 2009 08:51AM

Where can I buy unshelled nuts in the UK?

The only place I've found so far is Waitrose, that sell organic unshelled walnuts only. I'm dealing with candida and would really love some unshelled brazils or hazlenuts but can't find them anywhere.

I don't want to have to wait until Christmas when they always appear!

Thanks,

Alison

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unshelled nuts in the UK
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 27, 2009 06:55PM

Where do you live in the uk? If you live in London there is Harrods and Selfidges Whole foods, and Borough market, these are all expensive though. if not then I don't know UK is a bit rubbish for foods. Its acutally worse than the US for health foods

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2009 07:57PM

Well... unshelled are more natural. At least it means you can't eat too much of them...

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:39AM

Hi Alison

After years of wanting the same thing....I think you'll have to wait till Christmas :-) (or at least October).

Date: July 29, 2009 11:09AM

Thanks all.

I live in Surrey but am in London a lot.

I will try John Lewis food hall and Selfridges next time I am that way. Will post any success!

Unshelled nuts - the only reason to want stores to bring out their Christmas goods early!

Alison

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 30, 2009 03:30AM

why dont you all get together and buy a 50lb sack from somewhere and split it up smiling smiley maybe start your own nutty co-op ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 13, 2009 09:02AM

I've had some success - finding that Wholefoods in High Street Kensington sell unshelled walnuts, almonds and hazlenuts. They are tasty!

Tried John Lewis Oxford Street with no luck Had intended to try Selfridges but couldn't face it. I'm not an Oxford Street fan.

Alison

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: August 13, 2009 09:54AM

i hate oxford street too. I have to go down to the regent st Godiva alot. i hate it.

Date: August 15, 2009 05:58PM

Good to hear I'm not alone - how anyone could choose to go there for pleasure is beyond me!

Read your post on oat groats, have been thinking about using them myself recently. Update the post if you do any experiments, would love to hear!

Alison

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables