Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Therapeutic Water-Only Fasting
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 13, 2009 09:59PM

Has anyone else tried it? I did originally for 3 days with no problem. Next time did 5 and the last time 10 days. The last time, I could take my glasses and just about read across the room without a prescription. The mental clarity and focus was enormous.

For those who have tried it, what was your experience. [disclaimer: not covering juice fasting which is a different topic, thanks]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Therapeutic Water-Only Fasting
Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: August 13, 2009 10:18PM

I did it for 3 days as an adjunct for detoxifying. I felt good but nothing like what you are describing.

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: August 14, 2009 04:13AM

I used to water fast every Saturday; I also did several longer water fasts: 9 days, 8 days, 23 days, 21 days. For those timeframes, it felt very similar to a master cleanse. However, I did a 39 day master cleanse once, and after about 4 to 5 weeks, I noticed a whole new level of peace and contentment. Since I never did a water fast that long, I wouldn't know if it may have been the same on water. As an aside: If I had to fast on water again and had the choice of doing a salt water flush every morning, I would probably choose to do so.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 14, 2009 04:19AM

I've done a bunch of 2-3 day water fasts. My first longer water fast was 10 days, and a few years later I did a 12 day water fast.

I recently did a 2.5 day dry fast. And when I water fast, I usually drink about a half a cup a water a day.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 14, 2009 04:54AM

Are you able to exercise much while you are water fasting. I have a pretty full schedule that includes a lot of exercise almost everyday -- riding horses, hiking, running, working out in the gym, etc. I could give up much of that, but not the horse riding. Do you exercise much when you water fast? If so, how do you feel?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables