Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouted papaya seeds
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: September 01, 2009 02:49AM

Hey I got a papaya the other day and cut into it with a furry as i do love them so... and the seeds were all sprouted... i ate them thinking cool my papaya came with it's very own salad... is this ok... why were there already sprouted???

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouted papaya seeds
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 01, 2009 03:15AM

sometimes if i let tomatoes sit out on a warm counter for too long the seeds inside start to sprout. i figure it's because they are mature and in a terrific environment for sprouting, warm and moist. they are fine to eat, probably better than that! papaya seeds are totally edible, go for it.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 01, 2009 08:10PM

I've never seen that, but I suppose it's possible! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: September 02, 2009 03:19PM

I've seen quite a few papayas with sprouted seeds. I've eaten my share, but boy, they were usually quite bitter. The seeds are usually bitter anyway, but, if I remember correctly, they were really bitter when sprouted.

A fun thing to try is this. You know that papaya seeds taste bitter, right? Try removing the slimy / mucousy outer covering. Either use your teeth and eat the stuff, or remove it any way you want. Then eat the seed. Much much less bitter for some reason. That's been my experience.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables