Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Manufacturers Conspire to Convince You: Cocoa Krispies + Froot Loops are Healthy
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: September 06, 2009 11:04AM

"A new food-labeling campaign called Smart Choices, backed by most of the nation’s largest food manufacturers, is 'designed to help shoppers easily identify smarter food and beverage choices.'
"The green checkmark label that is starting to show up on store shelves will appear on hundreds of packages, including — to the surprise of many nutritionists — sugar-laden cereals like Cocoa Krispies and Froot Loops."

The entire article is here:

[www.nytimes.com]

------------------

Smarter?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Manufacturers Conspire to Convince You: Cocoa Krispies + Froot Loops are Healthy
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 06, 2009 02:13PM

What a great way to make money.
They all know that there is a segment of population that this WILL work on.

So...fruit loops is better?
Than what?
Crack cocaine?

Its all poetic.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 02:14PM by eaglefly.

Re: Manufacturers Conspire to Convince You: Cocoa Krispies + Froot Loops are Healthy
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: September 06, 2009 03:11PM

The sad thing is that there are people who will see the "green checkmark" and think it means the product is healthy.

I love big brother.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 06, 2009 05:39PM

This makes total sense. People already think that processed foods are cheaper and more convenient. Why not give them that last push over the Cliffs of Gullibility by putting a little, green, quasi-governmental looking symbol on "phoods" that really are quite like crack cocaine?

Let us all be thankful we aren't this easy.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 06, 2009 05:40PM

oh my goodness lol

hehe cliffs of gullibility smiling smiley dang strait

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 07, 2009 01:30AM

"phoods" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, bust a gut funny dude. that's getting filed for forever man. phoods, ha!

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 07, 2009 11:50AM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a great way to make money.
> They all know that there is a segment of
> population that this WILL work on.
>
> So...fruit loops is better?
> Than what?
> Crack cocaine?
>
> Its all poetic.
>
> Vinny

Yeah, it will work on the "sheeple" (my new favorite word) Can the govt./big brother/etc., be more "in your face" with their stupidity? It is hard to believe that some folks fall for this kind of thing.

Next we'll be seeing green checkmarks on packs of cigs...

Actually, there is a company that makes their cigarettes using organic tobacco, a friend of mine smokes them. When asked why he smokes them, he responds - "It's the healthiest way to kill yourself"...

Date: September 07, 2009 12:57PM

no please on the *sheeple* sheep are actually quite complex intersting intelligent little beings .. its quite deragatory to defame this way smiling smiley

Date: September 07, 2009 01:57PM

Oh, I take back every time I've said it! Sorry sheep, didn't know you were so smart. Smarter than us sometimes I think... at least they don't eat cocopuffs, right?

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 07, 2009 06:30PM

The packaged food companies are paying big money to get those green checkmarks.

Money talks, and it's telling me that I'm glad I don't eat processed crap.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: deafdrummer ()
Date: September 08, 2009 04:44AM

RaeVynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The packaged food companies are paying big money
> to get those green checkmarks.
>
> Money talks, and it's telling me that I'm glad I
> don't eat processed crap.

Ah... This is like during the black plagues, when one could walk through the crowds of misery in the darkness of despairing nights, with a fortress made of confidence, of knowledge, and yet, a sense of sadness at the blind madness that leads these crowds further into the deeper strata, the ruins of "human knowledge."

This remains so true today, and it's reaching dangerous proportions today such that the survival of the human race may be threatened by "self-extinction."

Stephanie

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 08, 2009 02:47PM

Stephanie,
But let us sit and eat our lettuce leaves and bananas,and meditate on the fact we are free.

Vinny

Date: September 08, 2009 04:14PM

I'll be honest and say that I don't find this thread helpful. I know it's made in the best of intentions.

It's like how people find too much sex and sexual content offensive, well I find this offensive. Even if they're saying sex is bad, showing it is still offensive.

At least sex is a natural thing, I don't have any problem with how it is now on tv. I just find these things vulgar and an offence to human-kind and their desires and needs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 04:15PM by SuperInfinity.

Date: September 08, 2009 04:39PM

hah ! coco tongue sticking out smiley im sure the little sheeps of the world understand ! an no ..no cocopuffs for them lol !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables