Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Am I eating enough
Posted by: Juliel ()
Date: September 14, 2009 08:48AM

Hi everyone,

Sorry if anyone is sick of my posts but I'm brand new to this and have lots of questions! Thank you to everyone who has answered me so far - I appreciate all the help/advice you're giving.

My question is am I eating enough? By that I mean that at the moment I'm only hitting about 1800 calories for the day.
My day looks like:
3 bananas
1 punnet strawbs
4 cups fresh oj with spinach, celery, lots of greens juiced in
1 lge carrot
2 apples
handful dates
handful nuts
large salad for dinner with cheese and mayo. I know, I know, probably the cheese and mayo are not good and need to go, but I'm still trying to fill up. The thought of a salad for dinner with no cheese, no avocado and no dressing scares me.

So.....if I'm doing ok on 1800 calories a day do I just do what I'm doing or try to get in more food? I don't have any weight to lose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Am I eating enough
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 14, 2009 09:12AM

HI looks like a good amount smiling smiley

you can checkout this raw vegan mayo, both coco and I swear by it, its really great smiling smiley [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

do you mean you are avoiding avos? or am i misreading? smiling smiley

tons of dressings here if you want to mix and match play with your ingredients smiling smiley [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

there are also ways to make vegan mayos, sour creams, etc ;using Soy .. just google how to make vegan mayo etc smiling smiley lots of hits come up smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 09:18AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:43PM

I'm a bit confused too. Do you not like avocado's?

When I first went raw I remember thinking I would never feel full after a salad on it's own but just take the plunge and try - you will probably be very surprised. As you have no weight to lose i would make sure you eat enough so that you never feel hungry.

If you like avocados and have no other reason not to eat them - try swopping the cheese for them. As well as raw mayo's you could also try oil and lemonjuice dressing on your salad.

Don't worry about asking questions - that's what's it's all about smiling smiley

Re: Am I eating enough?
Posted by: Juliel ()
Date: September 14, 2009 09:17PM

Hi, no, I love avocados. I've just been trying not to eat too many of them based on the 80-10-10 principles. But I'm thinking that maybe the 80-10-10 is too restrictive for me which is why I'm struggling. Perhaps it's a better goal to head toward raw without being too restrictive initially.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 14, 2009 10:08PM

After going raw I found I really liked avocados and I ate a lot of them . I ate anywhere from 2 to 6 a day for a long time and then my desire for them abated. Now I eat an avocado occasionally, sometimes going for a few day without any and sometimes eating 1 or 2 a day for awhile. The desire for avocados left slowly and I naturally moved more toward 80-10-10 without even trying. My body just naturally wanted more fruit and less fat. Based on my experience I would say to go ahead and eat them and just let your body communications be your coach. Its like learning to dance the raw dance where your body leads and you follow for the best and naturally easy results.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: September 14, 2009 10:17PM

Yes, it's could not to restrict yourself at the beginning of raw.

There's tons of ways to make salads more flavorful with all the varieties of veggies, spices, herbs and other ingredients. Plenty of raw dressings you can make or simply use lemon juice or oil. You can also make other heavier meals such as soups, smoothies, wraps with a spread, zucchini pasta, etc.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 15, 2009 11:49AM

Juliel

I don't know if you're eating enough
what does that mean, exactly

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 15, 2009 12:23PM

my avocado consumption has dropped off alot .... but i still love aperfectly ripe lovely avocado ..yum yum smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables