Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water fasting today
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: October 14, 2009 05:59PM

ok i ate in the morrning but then i decided to do the rest of the day on water. I am so so so hungry. and i am craving meat. like red meat. I rejected meat when i first got colitis but i did not know that is what it was. i then became a fake vegetairan, which means i did eat eggs and i did have fish occasionaly. why do i want that?

any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water fasting today
Date: October 14, 2009 07:05PM

oh forgot to put a positive up, my colon is feeling better and it is 8.05 pm in london.

im not going to break this dont worry, my question should be does any one else crave things that they normaly would never eat on fasts.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 14, 2009 07:21PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im not going to break this dont worry, my question
> should be does any one else crave things that they
> normaly would never eat on fasts.
I don't. Once you decide what you really need to
do, there is 'No Compromise'. The Mind overpowers the Body.
That usually happens when you've come to the end-of-your-rope.
You're not quite there yet.....WY

Date: October 14, 2009 08:25PM

thanks that helps.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 14, 2009 08:59PM

Most of the water fasts I have done I had hunger that lasted for about 3 or 4 days and then disappeared until weeks later (I have done three 21 day water fasts and many shorter ones). A few of my fasts I started when the urge for hunger left me because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to eat. On those fasts I moved past the short period of time where the body is switching from running on glycogen to running on ketones without hunger. I have found hunger to be a normal part of the first few days unless I'm not feeling well. Water fasting is a great way to clear the digestive system of food and give it a rest. Good luck.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: October 20, 2009 09:03PM

EZ,
How do you begin taking meals after you have fasted?

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 20, 2009 09:37PM

You should do a juice fast instead! or get some Sun Chlorella and take that throughout the day to keep your blood sugar in check, this will make life alot easier. You might be having low blood sugar or maybe a bit anemic.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 20, 2009 10:16PM

How do you begin taking meals after you have fasted?

I like to break a fast with a glass of fresh made orange juice. The reason I like OJ is that Vitamin C is one of the first nutrients in the body to be depleted.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:36AM

I'm not sure that repeatedly fasting for just one day is a very good idea. A proper supervised long fast might help you actually get rid of your uc. The big problem is finding someone to do that supervision smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables