Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can you eat too many sweet fruits at once?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: October 31, 2009 11:14PM

I just made a green smoothie with 5 bananas and 5 persimmons. That's gotta be around 130g of sugar. But there was a handful of chard in there too with celery. Do you think is too much sugar in the body at once? Will the greens slow down the sugars?

I feel fine but I just recently upped my fruit intake in these smoothies and noticed a few whiteheads on my face. I hope it's not because of the increased sugar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can you eat too many sweet fruits at once?
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: November 01, 2009 02:21AM

I wouldn't be so concerned about just this much sugar at once. If you didn't then go and eat more sugary foods, and, if you didn't feel weird then what's the worry?

I'm pretty sure the greens did slow down the uptake of the sugar into your bloodstream.

As for the whiteheads. It could be that you had too much sugar in your body, or too much of some thing or another and that the face was a convenient place to remove it.
Could there be some other reason? Do you notice whiteheads each time you have a similar amount of sugar? Was it a one-time deal? Could it be that there had been something in there just scratching to get out and that for some reason after the smoothie circumstances were right?

Observe without attachment. That's the ticket see ... observe without attachment. I love that line. Had to toss it in!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Re: Can you eat too many sweet fruits at once?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 01, 2009 06:19AM

For me that much fruit is fine - love it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables