Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Getting over Pneumonia, need warm foods ideas please~
Posted by: DaisyHair ()
Date: November 04, 2009 08:07PM

The last two weeks I have been very sick. I am coming around slowly and want / need "warm" (can be spicy - but also ideas of foods-soups warmed in dehydrator) foods ideas.

I am doing lots of juice but really want some kind of soup or casserole like idea.

What do you have when you are craving warmth?!

Have only been 50% raw over the last month. craving garlic and onions allot and wanting beans. Been eating lots of hummus and salads with cooked beans and sauteed onion.

Can anyone help. I feel like I am at a desperate turning point in my raw diet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting over Pneumonia, need warm foods ideas please~
Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 04, 2009 09:55PM

DaisyHair...

HANG IN THERE! I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick.

Here are some spices that warm the body:
Cumin, Cinnamon, Cloves, Tumeric, Nutmeg
...and of course there is ginger, curry, and garam masala

I know that traditionally the "warming" spices are used because they increase circulation, thus aiding in digestion which might not be necessary for a raw foods diet, but it is worth a try.

I don't know if you drink tea or not, but if you do I suggest cutting up some ginger and steeping it in hot water. The hot water will warm your body, and won't interfere with your raw foods if you drink it long enough before or after a raw meal (at this point digestion should not be an issue, and the hot water won't interfere... check digestion times for different foods). Even eating raw, I still drink my tea. For me its a medicinally not nutritionally based decision.

Um. And sleep. Someone mentioned in another post that if you are really sick, many times you r body is telling you that it doesn't want any more input (food, etc.) and just needs to rest for a few days before you try to resume normal eating. And if you are going to eat, eat things that are easily digestible so your body doesn't have to do too much work.

WATER WATER WATER. SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

If you are still sick, but have been active, you are slowing your healing process.

I hope you feel better!

"With life as short as a half taken breath, don't plant anything but love."- Rumi

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables