Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Poooo & puuupies
Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: November 15, 2009 03:39PM

check out my latest blog...loved to hear from you on the subject!

Fruit is Stacey’s Friend...blog entry # 11…my journey in becoming 100% LoFat Raw Vegan, meaning eating 80% or more of my calorie intake from carbs >10% Fat, >10% protein.

POOOOOO & Pupppies

Day 9 11/15/09…(356 to go)

[fruitisstaceysfriend.blogspot.com]

thanks!
stacey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Poooo & puuupies
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 15, 2009 05:09PM

hehe glad ya got things moving again winking smiley

i love the smell of puppies too tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 15, 2009 08:44PM

I think part of the business of getting regular is to find a good balance of fiber. On the one hand there is whole "as is" produce that has not been "pre-chewed" and on the other hand is food that the nutrients are more available but the roughage fiber is either gone or has been so pulverized that it won't support peristalsis. An example of a pulverized food is one that is made in a powerful blender like a VitaMix until it is very smooth. Juice where most of the fiber winds up in the catch basket is another example of high nutrient/low fiber preparation. IMO, when constipation occurs it helps to eat more whole foods and give the preparation equipment a rest.

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: November 15, 2009 09:19PM

very good point, i do eat a lot of smoothies!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:33PM

That is very good point indeed EZ. Smoothies I think can be too much for our digestive system. Sitting down and eating a whole apple, a couple oranges, or other fruits are bulkier then downing a smoooothie..and that can sit and ferment in our intestines for too long a time to digest. You can put an awful of stuff into a smoothie, or a lot of fruit and or greens mixed in also.

Simple, whole, fresh, ripe, all much better and healthier. Make the smoothies with only one or 2 fruits..and only have 8-10 oz. as a treat or quick meal.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables