Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food and Arthritist
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2010 01:40AM

My wife is in the beginning stages of arthritist (she is 54 yrs old). Will a raw food diet help her eliviate the pain? She drinks sodas, eats some fast food, eats steak, etc, etc. How can I convince her to start eating right the raw way? Any websites or articles I could email her would be of great help. Thanks for any of your suggestions. I am new at this and learning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food and Arthritist
Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 28, 2010 03:29AM

Ask her if she is ready to be without the causes of her arthritist? Is she ready to change her food and exercisehabits?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 28, 2010 02:53PM

I don't think the previous comment particularly helpful - it could well put your wife's back up. People aren't usually receptive to help if they are challenged.

Dr. Fuhrman has written a very good book called Eat to Live. Your wife might find this a useful introduction into a different way of eating and living.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 28, 2010 03:25PM

It WILL help.

I have had gout attacks in the past and raw eating has cured it.

I would learn as much as you can about "anti-inflammatory" foods.

See also my "gout" thread in the "Other Health" section of this forum.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2010 03:27PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 28, 2010 03:38PM

rawhoo,

Are you yourself a raw foodist?

Your wife's arthritis is probably affected by her diet: she's consuming things that encourage build-up of various inflammatory compounds in the joints, and other tissues. Naturally, NOT consuming these things should help her. I, too, recommend Dr. Fuhrman's book, and you might also look into Dr. Robert Young, and Hallelujah Acres, with which I don't have first-hand experience but which seem applicable to what your wife is going through. Do an Amazon book surf to see offerings they have from Drs. Fuhrman and Young, and what reviewers remark about them(this is a good way to see if their regimens make sense enough for your wife to try them). The most important thing, I guess, is to unite with her in improving her health; if she isn't agreeable at first, your trying it first may give her more incentive to try raw herself. Start by increasing your consumption of fresh fruits[on an empty stomach] and eating more salads and raw vegetables with non-creamy dressings. Try doing a green smoothie for breakfast or lunch. Expand from there.

Here is a YouTube link from Arnold's Way that could help; look on his channel for more videos of this kind:
[www.youtube.com]

Here is the Hallelujah Acres diet explained:
[www.hacres.com]

Good luck.

Posted by: greenlove ()
Date: January 28, 2010 07:15PM

Check out these pages, and good luck! There are countless sites with positive results on arthritis when switching to raw foods!!

[www.care2.com]

[www.rawfooddietguru.com]

[ezinearticles.com]

[www.associatedcontent.com]

[www.newswithviews.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2010 10:58PM

Thanks to everyone who has posted and for the links...it is much appreciated! I will start researching the info at the links provided and start reading the books which were suggested. Thanks again.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 29, 2010 01:22AM

My opinion is that glowing health and peace - and intelligent support of others - is the best persuader and motivation. You can change your OWN diet/exercise/habits. You can OFFER wonderful juices in the morning.......delicious sliced apples in the afternoon....and salads so large and colorful that they dazzle the eyes in the evening. And she can turn down ANY of it....and you will support her and love her in the decisions she DOES make. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables