Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Caloric In Take Questions
Posted by: Libbythebc ()
Date: February 09, 2010 05:09AM

I'm about closing in on the 5 day mark and I have developed a routine. I'm keeping track of food in a journal and I just switched to FitDay. I was floored at how few calories I am taking in, particularly today. I took in 800 and worked my physical labor job. Had a smoothie heavy on the greens plus some fruit 1qt for breakfast and had a banana for lunch as that was all time permitted and all I really wanted, then 4 cups of mixed greens+other veggies and sprouts for a total of 6 -7 cups of food. I did feel hungry on the way home from work, but my blood sugar felt totally stable even though my stomach started to rumble. I have at least 50lbs to lose to be at / close to my ideal weight.......when should I worry about my calorie numbers? Basically I'm not eating unless I am hungry and then eating until I feel comfortably full. This is the first day I haven't felt like grazing between meals too. Thanks for being so helpful.

Peace

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Caloric In Take Questions
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 09, 2010 05:47AM

800 sounds a bit low. You ought to put your typical cooked food menu into fitday and see how many calories your ate on a typical day, and then eat that many calories from your raw foods. Also, I would suggest that you limit your fat intake to under 30% fat to start, and 20% fat would be better.

Initially, its hard to eat a lot of raw foods, because they are so much less dense than cooked foods. What I needed to do when I first went raw was to eat 5 to 6 (or more) meals a day. Over time, I came down to eating only two meals a day.

The mistake a lot of new raw foodists make is to eat too few calories, because their stomachs are not used to holding the volumes of food it takes on a raw diet. This leads to real hunger issues that ends up with eating cooked foods to satiate oneself.

Re: Caloric In Take Questions
Posted by: Libbythebc ()
Date: February 09, 2010 03:15PM

Thank you very much. I'm shooting for 1500. I think if I double my morning smoothie, I should be much closer. Also if I actually eat lunch, unlike yesterday, I will be much closer. This will also keep the fat content down. Yesterday I was at 25% fat. I'm trying to watch the nut intake, but they seem to a on the go convenience and I am trying to branch out. Sprouts seem to be magical.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables