Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help!
Date: March 02, 2010 07:40PM

Hi guys,
I posted about 2 weeks ago that I was starting my journey with Raw Foods...these 2 weeks have been absolutely eye opening and clarifying and lovely and beautiful for me. However, over the weekend I was in a new social situation and I hadn't prepared for it, so I ended up eating a cooked dinner. One meal, fine, but then the next day, it spiraled into a whole day of meat and junk food, and today is the 3rd day of the binge. Meat, carbs, and junk food. I'm at a loss. Please, please I need some support on this. My stomach hurts, I am in the bathroom constantly, and I feel bloated and fat and jittery from all the sugar. What have I done??? I feel like I blew it. Please give me advice and/or your experiences with this.
Thanks guys

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help!
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:02PM

you have to look at it as a lifestyle if you look at it at this is a cheat a journey you'll do that you'll end up rebounding twice as hard.

if this is the case i recommend you try to raw as hard as you can and if you slip up then its a mild percentage of what you have achieved.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:05PM

It may have been that you were undereating with your raw foods, and this built up some hunger, which could have caused the binge.

Or, it could have been that you were using denial in your approach to raw foods, and eating one cooked meal made you feel how much you were denying yourself, and this resulted in a binge.

Or, it could be that since you've never done this before, you are getting to learn what works for you based on trial and error. You have this excellent opportunity to find out what works and what doesn't work for you, and you will probably see some setbacks along the way.

For some people, they can decide to go raw, and implement it over night. Others, it could take months or even years or perhaps they never are able to do it. Whether people can ultimately make this difficult transition depends on how motivated they are to do this.

One thing that helps is to get support. This forum is an excellent place to hear about what worked for others. Also what helps is to find a local community of other folks who have the same desire to eat raw foods that you do, and to share meals and potlucks together.

For myself, I did the transition slowly. When I first started, I never intended to eat 100% raw. But as I did it, I increased my raw intake because I was feeling so good. And there were detoxes and being sick along the way as my body healed itself, including needing to take 4 months off from work so my body could get all the rest it needed to heal itself. But for all the difficulties I encountered, it is so worth it to not be sick all the time like I used to be. There really is little more precious than excellent health.

Date: March 02, 2010 08:32PM

thank you both for responding. i am looking at this as a journey and like any i guess there will be detours along the way. however, i think this is more psychological than just a "cheat" - it may be that i was avoiding success, or feeling optimum health for underlying reasons. maybe that i wasn't feeling worthy of having optimum health so i punished myself with foods that make me feel sick and that i dont even like or crave. i didnt eat anything i was actually craving...i kind of ate foods that i dont even enjoy. maybe this is all a test to see if raw foods was really "working" - maybe i was putting it to the test...if that's the case, it has passed with flying colors. thoughts?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:38PM

The foods you chose, meat, carb, and junk foods, are foods notorious for making us not feel. One thing that happens when someone starts eating raw foods is that they start to feel a lot. Sometimes this can be overwhelming. Here are some articles I wrote that might help you:

Success on the raw foods diet
What will you manifest with your raw energy?
There's more to health than diet

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 02, 2010 11:12PM

honestykindnesslove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thank you both for responding. i am looking at
> this as a journey and like any i guess there will
> be detours along the way. however, i think this is
> more psychological than just a "cheat" - it may be
> that i was avoiding success, or feeling optimum
> health for underlying reasons. maybe that i wasn't
> feeling worthy of having optimum health so i
> punished myself with foods that make me feel sick
> and that i dont even like or crave. i didnt eat
> anything i was actually craving...i kind of ate
> foods that i dont even enjoy. maybe this is all a
> test to see if raw foods was really "working" -
> maybe i was putting it to the test...if that's the
> case, it has passed with flying colors. thoughts?

i one to doubt that no one wishes or doubts that they want optimal health, its hard its a journey for most, for some its a doddle they take to all these therapys, diets like duck to water but others find it hard, this is natural if everyone found it easy then well everyone would be doing itsmiling smiley.

try hard if you cant then the best thing to do is not beat yourself up about it eat as raw healthy as possible and dont STRESSsmiling smiley, stress will kill you not being raw wont as easily.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables