Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Chillis
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 05, 2010 05:09PM

Hey, im quite the fan of just eating raw chillis, alot of decent health benefits also digestion, very good for circulation ive found, weight loss and more.

anyone else a fan of raw chillis? love the buzz and the heat i get from eating them. Although the ones around here in the supermarkets ive pretty much built tolerance too so am going to try grow my own, anything from 600,000HU-1million will be a great experiment.

ive tried a cayenne supplement before which was 575,000HU that took abit to get used too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Chillis
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 05, 2010 06:55PM

It's quite tricky to grow good chilli's in this country. they have a very long ripening season and need a good, hot, long summer but it's great fun. chilli's are seriously fashionable now. My student son surprised me greatly the other day by announcing that he wants to grow chilli's.

I love chopping up raw chilli and putting it with mashed avocado and lots of chopped parsley, basil or coriander.

I don't eat them terribly hot - i prefer the taste of the milder variety but my partner eats wickedly hot chillis - I think it's a bloke thing smiling smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 05, 2010 11:30PM

I definitely used to be a fan of raw chillis. A while back I even posted quite a few recipes for raw wraps, many of which included the option for adding bits of chillis. (See the "Wraps Galore!" thread in the recipe forum.) However, since then I have become very sensitive to spicy and peppery foods. They now make my stomach hurt and cause a prolonged sore throat (all related to acid reflux). I still love their taste, but sadly, they don't love me.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 06, 2010 12:37PM

nice one will try give them a shot and hope for a good hot summer, got some seeds on the way for the hottest one cant remember its name 1million HU though so should be hot lol.

trive spicy food used to do the same to me luckily its gone now as i dont think i could live without the heat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables