Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Recidivist wants to join in again
Posted by: ela ()
Date: March 09, 2010 01:53AM

Dear All,

I used to be a regular poster here from 2003-7 (originally posted as luskinia, and then used my own name, Ela, when the old board crashed and had to regroup). Some of you may remember me: it's heartening to look in once again and see some familiar names and faces.

When I first came on board, I was still very much in the grip of anorexia, and found some ease doing an 80-10-10 type diet. I quit visiting this board when I moved to Hawaii in 2007 to deepen my studies of fruit trees and living off the land, etc, and didn't have much internet access anymore.

As it turned out, my experiences in Hawaii led me to change my diet: first away from high-fruit, then away from veganism and then, when I got together with my now-husband, from all raw too.

All kinds of funny twists and turns of life later, here I am living in Homer, Alaska, looking out at the blizzard, a yearling moose cropping away at last year's growth on the mountain ash trees, and have found myself coming back to raw foods purely by following my body, without any effort or resolution to do so, and am finding myself wanting to reconnect with likeminded folk and share on here again.

It has been the most beautiful - and at times, painful, journey - trying on all other kinds of priorities and ways of being, trying to make myself into something else, and finally recognizing that in order to be my best (which was always the goal), I have to pay attention to and take care of myself, just as I am. This is what brought me back toward raw foods again.

Doing 'all kinds of other things' (I'd be glad to share more details if any are interested), I was getting sicker and sicker, and am wanting to share now because I'm feeling so much better! As part of my healing, I am rebalancing a 'yeasty beastie' situation, and am doing Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine Phase 1: this is my third week. Despite the necessity for strictness in this for a few months, one of the major lessons that I have learned from the past several years of moving from one dietary dogma to another and then perplexity, is that being dogmatic and black-and-white is unhealthy for me, so I hope to be able to preserve that learning.

So, here I am! And this leaves me with firsthand experience, which I would love to share of all kinds of ways to do a raw foods diet, from high-fruit to no fruit at all, from California to the subtropics to the subarctic!

I don't have internet at home, so I won't be a constant presence, but if it is acceptable to you all, I would love to look in here and there and share my experiences and learn from yours too.

with love,
Ela
PS I'm also writing a blog about these experiences that may be of interest to some here: [ulteriorharmony.blogspot.com]

seeing is freeing
hearing is clearing
feeling is healing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Recidivist wants to join in again
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 09, 2010 11:37AM

Wow! Hawaii to Alaska. Nice to have you back!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:36PM

Hi! Glad the path is taking you back to health these days, and that your outlook is positive. It would be nice to get your take on things; I think I remember you . . . : )

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:38PM

welcome back Ela i remember you smiling smiley *waves hello* !!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:53PM

Hey Ela! You are always in my prayers and thoughts. I'm glad you are doing well - and learning & growing! You know you have my support! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:12PM

Hi Ela! what a blast from the past to see you posting here again! I'll always remember you, you're an angel <3 xoxox

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: ela ()
Date: March 10, 2010 11:15PM

Hey!

Thank you guys so much for the warm (rawm) welcome back! It gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies.

After I made that post, we could barely get home in the intense blizzard, and yesterday we could barely leave the house! Now, it's let up a bit and it's good to come back on here and make good.

Thanks for posting, you guys - I remember you all too and it really warms my heart to read your greetings.

I hadn't realized I had a photo up! A few years out of date now - more incentive to broaden my horizons and relearn to post pictures...

Loves to you all...

seeing is freeing
hearing is clearing
feeling is healing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables