Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

papaya
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: May 04, 2010 01:57PM

So I've been on a real papaya kick for the past week or so. It's all I want and all that I'm craving and eating. It's so soft and delicious I love it and love the way it makes me feel. Still have my green juices though for a bit of variety. Anybody else ever go on a papaya spree? Just curioussmiling smiley Happy Tuesday everyone. I know papaya is good for the digestive system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: papaya
Posted by: Sunberry ()
Date: May 04, 2010 03:35PM

I'm a big fan of papaya, absolutely love it blended with oranges too.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 04, 2010 11:24PM

...as a matter of fact i'm eating one right now... yummy!!! a lot of seeds in this one though... I like to eat them but they can be a bit intense!!!!

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 06, 2010 07:23PM

I love papaya, but I rarely go on papaya sprees in the US, as the good stuff is expensive and the cheap stuff tastes a bit funny. But when I am in the tropics, I buy and eat the stuff all the time!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 06, 2010 09:26PM

I've never had a nice one. I don't think they travel well or something - we certainly don't get many in southwest England

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 06, 2010 09:42PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never had a nice one. I don't think they
> travel well or something - we certainly don't get
> many in southwest England

LOL- I would think it would be kind of difficult to be a raw fooder in the UK because even though I live in the Midwest, it's a hub (plus lots of people who were born in tropical climes) for produce distribution so we get papayas yearround and sometimes at great prices. But like everything else, I am sure it tastes 1000% better right off the tree/vine! Last year I had an avocado that was so flavorful I couldn't believe that avocados could taste like that!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 07, 2010 05:42AM

Im with Bryan .. i rarely eat them here in canada , they taste like ..perfumey , its an odd taaste , yet when i had them in thailand, india, nepal .... they were delicious !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 07, 2010 07:30AM

So sad - sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley I've never tasted a nice papaya.

Yes - Banana who - it is massively difficult being a raw fooder in England, particularly if you haven't got much money.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 07, 2010 01:42PM

I remember homeymooning in Hawaii and being served a papaya half with lime slices. In the past I had never liked the taste of papaya, but decided to try it again. It was papaya nirvana. I have not had as a good one as that since then.

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables