Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting
Posted by: kheaton4 ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:39AM

Any ideas for how to start on a raw food diet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 17, 2010 05:16AM

Debbie Took has a great site where she talks about going raw gradually or 100%. She has LOTS of great information about getting started.
Go to
[www.rawforlife.co.uk]

Here's another person's take on getting started:
[www.kristensraw.com]

If you are really into reading more, here's another site with lots of info:
[www.rawfoodfarm.com]

Just read enough to get going and stop reading if you're feeling overwhelmed.
It only seems complicated because it's new and different. Actually, it's EASY! Good luck and have fun!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2010 05:06PM

Just a heads up and sorry, but when I opened www.kristensraw.com I got a trojan horse.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 20, 2010 06:18PM

desertrawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just a heads up and sorry, but when I opened
> www.kristensraw.com I got a trojan horse.

I tried going there a couple of months ago, and my anti-virus pgm. flagged the site. There is a way to get to the site through a google search...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 20, 2010 06:47PM

I wouldnt go to a site thats been flagged, it obviously has malware on it.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: May 20, 2010 06:57PM

Or just get linux and don't worry about it smiling smiley The anti-virus software is not always correct, far from it.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 20, 2010 07:08PM

except I have NOD32 which has a 100% catch rate with less than 10% of the false positives of its closest competitor, and mine flags that site as well... it may not be anything really damaging to your computer, but at the very least it loads ad-ware or spy-ware...

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 24, 2010 02:27AM

how about restarting? I moved, and now I am living with a complete family of non-rawists...Its not bad, just that its more complex than just with a just another person like I had.

I have to admit that there are plenty of temptations around the house,processed sweets, candies are always available. My partners nephew seems to live on chocolate. I have become addicted to the pound cake and crumb cake that always seems available.

Well, I wasn't raised raw. but I was raised with a good variety, and whole grains. i don't know if these are any better really. But some family members seem to think that I'm fanatic and seem irritated that I always try to eat whole grain. Mostly because I like the texture and taste better, and i find that I don't eat as much of it if its not processed.

I am really afraid that i am going to get as big as a house living here. the plan was to have this as a temporary stay, so hopefully it will be less time rather than more. I found going raw a lot easier when you live on your own, and you don't have a social life or a partner. Thats not realistic, but its easier!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables