Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Daughter says I look Older Now
Posted by: ventures ()
Date: September 02, 2010 01:43PM

Hello All
I have lost 16 pounds in a month and my daughter is'nt used to me loosing so much weight . After I came home from the gym she said my face looks old. My face and neck have changed alot in 30 days, also my stomach is much smaller. I'm 210 now and want to get down to 185. I'm 5'8" tall. Am I being realistic in my goal and how long do you think it will take if i'm 70 % raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Daughter says I look Older Now
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 02, 2010 05:53PM

Congratulations on losing the 16 pounds!

I think when many people first lose weight, it takes a little while for some new loose skin - even on the face - to adjust to a smaller profile. Make sure you stay hydrated.

In my opinion, you're being very realistic in your goal. The time it takes to reach your goal probably depends on what and how much is in the remaining 30%, and how much exercise you get.

Good for you for going to the gym! I believe your prospects for success in reaching your goal are significantly enhanced by working out!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 02, 2010 06:19PM

Again well done on your weight loss, it can take time when you lose alot of weight fast.

Just wanted to say keep up the good work and focus on your health goalssmiling smiley.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 02, 2010 07:34PM

Great progress; I agree with the others. Also, a person with a round "baby face" can appear more youthful...

I have been doing the Insanity program for almost a month, and I have noticed dramatic changes in the exact areas you mentioned, neck & face especially. Getting that "chiseled jawline" look once again, lol.

After you came home from the gym from a hard workout, you may have been a bit dehydrated causing the face to appear "flat". Make sure you are drinking plenty of water...

Good luck on your weight loss goals! smiling smiley

Date: September 02, 2010 07:53PM

well done on the weight loss smiling smiley

If you're worried about your face, you could try facial exercises (try googling Eva Fraser and carolyn's facial fitness). If you stick with it, you can get great results. There's exercises for jowls, sunken cheeks etc. I'm sure there's a lot of free resources on the net about it.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 02, 2010 08:17PM

It will probably take months or even a year for your body to absorb the stretched out skin. Just like when you have a baby you can't wear your old clothes for a few months but the skin eventually gets absorbed again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables