Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How To Make A Good Raw Sports Drink
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 04, 2010 12:16AM

Hey guys. I like to run and otherwise keep myself really active for long periods of time.

Over the last few years I've experimented quite a bit with various raw sports drinks. Some I've discarded as cramp-forming, others have kicked ass.

I've written about my experiences and how to make a good raw sports drinks here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

I'm curious to know what balance other runners have struck between the need to stay cramp free and the need to refuel. Favorite fruit base? Blend or soak?

Any comments welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How To Make A Good Raw Sports Drink
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 04, 2010 02:45AM

Great article, RusticBohemian! Thanks for that.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: September 04, 2010 11:23PM

I enjoyed reading your article!

I am definitely going to try the watermelon + celery combination. I am beginning to run a few miles every other day and feel this sports drink will be helpful.

Also, I'm kinda of sick of just drinking water throughout the day. Hopefully I can also add some more calories into my work day.

Thanks!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 05, 2010 02:49AM

Ani Phyo has mentioned the water of young coconuts as a great natural sports drink and full of electrolytes. Sounds good to me!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 05, 2010 09:47AM

Yeah coconut water is a great source of electrolytes, its commonly used as a natural sports drink.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2010 12:35PM

I like your article. smiling smiley I will definitely try some of the combination although water remains my favorite. smiling smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 06, 2010 02:23PM

In the US, the young coconuts from Thailand are treated with a fungicide that can seep into the coconut water. So if you can get organic young coconuts, or fresh ones that haven't been treated, coconuts make an excellent source of electrolytes.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 09, 2010 09:55AM

Great ideas Andrew.

This is my fav recipie.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 09, 2010 04:57PM

Prana, that shell is so hard that I find that HARD (get it?) to believe. If someone has the financial wherewithal to afford organic coconuts (most likely have to order them as I have never seen one in any market), then I agree with you. But would you honestly recommend that a person not consume non-organic coconuts (and other conventional produce, also) rather than get "poisoned" with all the chemicals used to grow and preserve the outer part? Because all that's left to consume is SAD, and how chemically-free is that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables