Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Givng Up Meat As A First Step
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 24, 2010 12:47PM

Hey guys. I usually write about raw foods, but recently I received some questions about meat and vegetarianism.

Will giving up meat alone make a big difference in your health and other areas?

I've written a bit of a primer on the reasons to go vegetarian on my site.

Please pass it on to all your non vegetarian friends and family.

Article: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Givng Up Meat As A First Step
Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: September 25, 2010 05:20AM

I think so. I have given up meat since June 1st of this year and I feel much better about it. I am not 100% raw...maybe about 70% or a little less these days but 100% vegetarian and I have lost 30 pounds and just feel better in general.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 25, 2010 07:34AM

I would say giving up dairy is just as important.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: September 25, 2010 11:43AM

Meat, dairy and grains. But the healht might not improve if they start out with vegan-crap-food instead. Tho, stopping with meat,dairy AND grains will remove some dis-orders.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 25, 2010 12:42PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say giving up dairy is just as important.

Most definitley, id go out on a limb and say dairy is even worse than meat in terms of unhealthlyness.

Dairy really mucked my health up, thank god i dont consume it anymore.

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: September 25, 2010 01:37PM

I gave up meat and dairy and saw much improvements, but I saw even more giving up grains when I went raw.

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 25, 2010 02:11PM

Most people that decide to go veg aren't going to go raw veg, so baby steps such as cutting out land animals, then fish and shellfish, is probably an easier process for the average person.

I like Prana's constant advice to just start eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, and these will necessarily push the other stuff out of the diet, whether it's all cooked foods, or just flesh and dairy. Good article, Andrew.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: September 26, 2010 06:38AM

meat might be the easiest to give up at first. But for me, dairy and grains were more my problem foods. I was one of those people that did better on low carb diets. Not promoting meat..but it didn't make me feel fat, sluggish, bloated and congested and mucusy like a bowl of cereal would. When I went through of a period of consuming more and being on an icecream binge I started developing "Asthma" symptoms. My doctor even prescribed an inhaler (didn't use it). The "Asthma" went away when I at least cut down on the dairy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 06:46AM by BackAgain.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: September 26, 2010 06:41AM

Tamukha Wrote:
> I like Prana's constant advice to just start
> eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, and these
> will necessarily push the other stuff out of the
> diet, whether it's all cooked foods, or just flesh
> and dairy. Good article, Andrew.

Sounds good in theory but it makes everything more complicated because of food combining. If you eat fruit and then meat..chances are you're bloated and have gas. The average SAD'er will turn around and decide that they are allergic to fruit and it gives them gas. Rather than understand all the mumbojumbo behind it that they can't eat certain things together. Diet then becomes too complicated and they quit.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:47PM

I'll add that I have given up most dairy. I still eat a small amount of cheese on occasion but that is it. Cheese is a hard one for me.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:02AM

I know a few die hard raw fooders that go hard on the raw dairy/flesh/eggs etc and have very very poor health. One of them died last year and was a housemate. Its way better to eat heaps of carbs from grains, refined sugar, potatoes etc than eating animal products.

I mean just look at all the science out there with the china study and books like 'Heart Attack Proof' By Dr Esselstyn and Reversing Diabeties by Dr Barnard.

Cheese is addictive cos of all the naturally occuring hormones in it that are designed to keep the baby cow suckling. Industry knows this and they grow the cows so theses natural, organic hormones are rich in the dairy products and its very hard for customers to give it up.

How did I ditch the dairy? Well as an athlete I need to perform well each training sesson and cant afford to be having clogged up lungs and colon! But the real clincher was my mate saying 'Dairy is just pus, blood, dirt, hair and hormones (both added and naturally occuring.) I can handle some dirt but the blood, pus and hormones keeps me away! Not to mention the damage that grass fed industry is currently doing to our planet. Over 70% of the amazon has been cleared for livestock and grazing and now they want to make more room for the extra land it takes to produce 'grass fed' animal products..

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman is another great book to read.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables