Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Have you noticed many sick people around?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 16, 2010 03:29AM

I moved to another computer here tonight because this guy next to me wouldn't stop coughing! I already got a cold last month with a cough that lasted three weeks and I do NOT want to get sick again. And just a few minutes ago one of the lab workers was coughing like mad and she just sneezed very forcefully. I wish people would stay home if they are coming down with the flu. But here is why I am posting this: I find it interesting that with all these flu shots the last two months there seems to be an epidemic of illness!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you noticed many sick people around?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 16, 2010 08:48PM

i thought you meant sick in another meaning of the word. I see plenty of other sick people who seem to have chronic illnesses and conditions which I am sure could be treated by better living habits, like a little walking, better eating etc...But its just not fashionable. The other thing is that I know some of them know that they could do better, but choose not to...believing that its not going to really make a difference, or that its not worth it. Or maybe they are just too addicted to certain habits.

I will be on the look out for very sick people with the symptoms you describe. I am sure i will be starting to see them sooner or later

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 16, 2010 10:52PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i thought you meant sick in another meaning of the
> word. I see plenty of other sick people who seem
> to have chronic illnesses and conditions which I
> am sure could be treated by better living habits,
> like a little walking, better eating etc...But its
> just not fashionable. The other thing is that I
> know some of them know that they could do better,
> but choose not to...believing that its not going
> to really make a difference, or that its not worth
> it. Or maybe they are just too addicted to certain
> habits.
>
> I will be on the look out for very sick people
> with the symptoms you describe. I am sure i will
> be starting to see them sooner or later

Yep, Mislu...

I see plenty of that. It's almost laughable - many of them are not actually happy unless they have an ailment to brag about, plus brag about what meds they are on.

It's like they are completely disconnected from reality...

Date: October 16, 2010 11:38PM

Yes, I mean many people with colds at the same time. I hear sniffling and coughing all the time lately. I came down with the flu last month, which was a bit unusual as I typically get a cold in October. I think it has to do with the change of seasons since it seems I mostly get them at the beginning of fall and beginning of spring.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: October 17, 2010 07:01AM

Flu vaccines up the snoz combined with weather changes, people closing windows in their houses (less fresh air) -- PLUS school is back in session and all the kids are spreading their germies in class and through the air handling system (HVAC) then coming home and giving it to mom and dad who go to work and give it coworkers and it travels through another HVAC system, then everyone goes to stores and spread it. Etc., etc., blabbity, blah, blah. LOL.

I also think a lot of people have grown to accept a certain level of sickness as normal. Stuffy nose, cough, etc. have become normal. I recently went somewhere with a friend and he blew his nose as I got in the car, then was sniffling a little, and coughed a few times. I asked how long he had been sick and he acted surprised and said "I'm not sick." Okaaaay.

Date: October 17, 2010 06:32PM

I have heard that one of the vaccines they are giving children is the nasal one and it has LIVE virus in it. My tin foiler proclivities make me wonder if part of the "plot" is to encourage people to get the shot which sheds the virus to those who haven't drunk the Kool-Aid yet, which causes the non-sheeple to get the shot, and so on and so on...Just like that shampoo commercial from the '70s!

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:46PM

Ugh - when I was a kid I remember the flu shot was for the elderly or those whose systems were so compromised they could die from catching the flu. That's all out the window nowadays. My work has sent out 2 reminders about 'go get your flushot.' I was walking through my farmer's market last weekend and there was some 'diabetes walk' thing going on where they were raffling off flu shots from Walgreens. Absolute madness.

Date: October 22, 2010 01:50PM

I am continuing with my Anatomy & Phys class. I am continually amazed at how much I didn't know, especially about conventional thought about developement, health, disease.

Again, as always there is an emphasis on getting enough protein, vitamins, calcium, etc. I get the idea that they mean excess, so as to prevent any shortage. Maybe its true, maybe its not.

During the last class the instructor mentioned that certain conditions are the result of aging, and there is nothing to prevent it. She acknowledged that if you take care of yourself these can be slowed, and the impact could be made less, but its still going to happen.

For example calcification of the cartilages, she claimed that someone 80 is always going to have problems no matter what, that it can never be like someone who is 40 or younger. Same with bone loss, that its going to happen. I heard several members of the class just sigh with exasperation, including me.

What do you all think? is calcification of cartilage, joint problems and bone loss something that will happen to everyone?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 22, 2010 05:25PM

No, that is not the case. The bone loss and calcification comes from a lifestyle that doesn't work.In this case, it comes from eating too much protein, and creating an acidic condition in the body such that it starts leaching calcium from the bones to neutralize the acid.

If one is eating low protein (under 10%), and eating plenty of leafy greens and non starchy vegetables, this should not be an issue (though an acidic/toxic condition can be created from the mind alone).

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 22, 2010 08:32PM

Mislu,

I'm afraid your instructor is toeing the party line. IMO, clinical understanding of human biochemistry is still rudimentary, and it is going to be challenging for you to separate the wheat from the chaff.

By the way, that high pitched humming sound you hear is the laughter of thousands of undecalcified octogenarians dwelling in countries with more salutary lifestyles.

Date: October 26, 2010 12:19PM

Tamukha,
If the question comes up on a test, I know what answer is expected. It is an interesting question. I know which answer I prefer to believe! I don't really like the idea that certain conditions are going to happen and there isn't anything that could be done.

I think you are right, I constantly come up to this conventional idea that there isn't anything to be done about chronic disease in this class.

Date: October 26, 2010 12:20PM

Prana,
"If one is eating low protein (under 10%), and eating plenty of leafy greens and non starchy vegetables, this should not be an issue (though an acidic/toxic condition can be created from the mind alone)."

How and why could the mind create that condition? What can be done to correct that?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 27, 2010 08:39PM

Banana who - if you have flu - you cannot get out of bed. No one who has got to work has flu, they just have a cold.

Thankfully flu jabs are only given to the elderly or to what they term vulnerable people here. I'm sure that if i went to my doctor and requested a flu jab I would not get one. (uk)

As far as I know I have only had flu once in my life when I was 30 weeks pregnant. I couldn't get out of bed for 10 days.

Date: October 28, 2010 03:59PM

Flipperjan: I use those terms interchangeably. But I would always get colds--the whole runny nose, fever, etc. In recent years, it has changed a bit. A long gestation where I just feel run-down and achy (I ascribe that to flu symptoms, from what I have read), followed by the runny nose and fever, but abbreviated. Then a long-lasting cough. I believe that this is directly due to flu vaccinations and I don't care what "they" say. Where I live, they are pushing it on absolutely everyone and it just is criminal, IMO. I have also never seen the amount of people sniffling and coughing when you'd think everyone would be sooo healthy with all these shots! As for the vulnerable population, the flu is not one or three viruses and it simply is absurd to think a shot will protect an older person IMO.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 28, 2010 08:10PM

I agree - i was saying thankfully because the flu jab ISN't given to everyone in the UK.

I don't understand why you would expect people not to get colds because they have been given a flu jab. Colds and flu are different things - nobody expects the flu jab to protect you from all the range of cold virus's. IMO people have colds and sniffles all winter because they eat badly, live in stuffy, overheated atmosphere's etc and crowd together etc etc. Most people in the UK haven't had a flu jab and still have the whole range of colds and fevers etc.

I agree that it is terrible to give everyone a flu jab.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables