Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone here drink Olive Oil?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 17, 2010 12:55AM

I found some Olive Oil that is Raw, Organic, Unheated, Unfiltered, and Unpressed. I'm thinking this might be a better way to add Fat to a Raw Vegan Diet, rather than the 'traditional' Nuts, Seeds, and Avocado.
I feel that Timing is important as to 'when' to take it. Using it as a last 'meal' of the day might work best. Any comments??.....WY

[www.livingtreecommunity.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone here drink Olive Oil?
Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: December 17, 2010 02:24AM

Not on a regular basis but I have before haha. I was just desperate for stimulation I think. I think it depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you want your body to store fat, eating fat before you sleep would probably help you more than eating fat before a workout. For me, avocados digest like a banana, so I don't eat them and immediately gain weight, whereas eating the equivalent in nut butter or oil form makes me gain weight. I think the olive oil you're talking about sounds like a good thing. You could make salad dressings with it, have a couple tablespoons plain at night, or use it in raw soups.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:46AM

Only when I do a liver flush. Good luck with the taste. Why did you pick olive oil? I'm pretty sure unrefined, raw, virgin, coconut oil has more benefits.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 17, 2010 03:49PM

BackAgain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....... Good luck with the taste. Why did you pick olive oil? I'm pretty
> sure unrefined, raw, virgin, coconut oil has more benefits.
The taste does have a 'bite' to it. I selected Olive Oil because I think I've found the best source at LivingTreeCommunity.com. I'm trying their Sesame Oil next. I'm looking for the best source of Fat for Vegans.
As far as Coconut Oil goes....I Oil Pull with it, but can't bring myself to drink anything that solidifies at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. It may be a good oil for Massage.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables