Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Real Cause Of High Blood Sugar, And How You Can Test For Yourself
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: December 31, 2010 12:05PM

One of the oddest parts of the raw food movement is that a section of its adherents demonize fruit, perhaps the most natural, human-ideal food we can consume.

Many blame the fact that it "floods the body with sugar," raising blood sugar levels. High blood sugar levels do indeed lead to all kinds of problems, including the raw foodist's bane, candida, as well as type two diabetes and other conditions. But fruit is not the cause of high blood sugar.

I explain in this article: [www.raw-food-health.net] how sugar moves through the body on a healthy diet, and how high fat intake "gums up the works," and slows sugar processing to a crawl, raising blood sugar levels.

It is in this environment that candida, which feeds off sugar, moves in and makes people feel like crap.

But I don't want anyone to take my word for it, or rely on the wealth of studies going back to 1927 that have connected high-fat diets with elevated blood sugar levels, which I cite in my article.

There's a very simple way you can test this for yourself.

Go out to the nearest drug store and pick up a glucometer - the same type used by diabetics to monitor their blood sugar levels - and a some test strips.

Do a week of each of the following diets, testing a few times a day to see how things change depending on when you last ate, when you exercised, etc. Don't start testing until the third day of each diet, as fat takes awhile to build up and clear out of the blood stream. You can easily figure out if you're eating the right amount of fat by using a free website like nutridiary.com.

1) High Fat: Make sure you're taking in at least 40 percent of your calories from fat. Depending on what your caloric intake is, you might take in 40 percent of your calories from fat from 3 avocados, a bunch of nuts, etc. Nutritidary gives you the specific amount of calories that come from fat when you enter in all the foods you've eaten. Be as precise as you can be. Record your blood sugar levels and how you feel.

2) Low Fat: Now keep your percentage of calories from fat below 10 percent, which is the level that diabetes reversal/ blood sugar lowering studies have shown to have the most success. Basically avoid all avocados, oils, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy, eggs, or other fatty foods. Eat all the fruit and vegetables you like with no worries about blood sugar.

I've done this test on myself multiple times. My blood sugar on the high-fat diet is always high, while always normal on the low-fat diet. Healthy fasting blood sugar is considered to be 83 mg/dl (4.6 mmol/L) or less.

I hope you guys do this test and figure out for yourself how your body handles fat and sugar.

Anyone going to check themselves out and get back to me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Cause Of High Blood Sugar, And How You Can Test For Yourself
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 31, 2010 12:47PM

We already went through this the last time in the doug graham/candida thread, high blood sugar does not cause candida overgrowth, once candida changes from its yeast form to fungal yes it does feed on sugar but it is not caused by high blood sugar.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 31, 2010 01:44PM

I believe it's true re: blood sugar, but I don't think 10% of calories from fat would have to constitute avoiding avocadoes, coconuts, nuts, seeds, etc.

Date: December 31, 2010 01:53PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe it's true re: blood sugar, but I don't
> think 10% of calories from fat would have to
> constitute avoiding avocadoes, coconuts, nuts,
> seeds, etc.

It isnt true, opportunistic infections such as candida overgrowth, SIBO etc dont happen because of high blood sugar, they occur due to a change in PH in the intestinal tract, to an alkaline PH, the acidic PH and good bacteria which secrete various anti-bacterial/fungal compounds and acids which keep candida in its harmless yeast form.

Date: December 31, 2010 05:31PM

powerlifer Wrote:
> Utopian Life Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I believe it's true re: blood sugar, but I
> don't
> > think 10% of calories from fat would have to
> > constitute avoiding avocadoes, coconuts, nuts,
> > seeds, etc.
>
> It isnt true, opportunistic infections such as
> candida overgrowth, SIBO etc dont happen because
> of high blood sugar, they occur due to a change in
> PH in the intestinal tract, to an alkaline PH, the
> acidic PH and good bacteria which secrete various
> anti-bacterial/fungal compounds and acids which
> keep candida in its harmless yeast form.

i don't see what my post had to do with candida or why you replied to me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2010 05:57PM

I feel good when I have some fruit. I feel good when I have some fat. I DON'T feel good when I overdo it with either. La, such a simple solution. A mineral rich diet with moderate sugar and fats. Amazing.

Date: December 31, 2010 06:09PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> powerlifer Wrote:
> -----
> > Utopian Life Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I believe it's true re: blood sugar, but I
> > don't
> > > think 10% of calories from fat would have to
> > > constitute avoiding avocadoes, coconuts,
> nuts,
> > > seeds, etc.
> >
> > It isnt true, opportunistic infections such as
> > candida overgrowth, SIBO etc dont happen
> because
> > of high blood sugar, they occur due to a change
> in
> > PH in the intestinal tract, to an alkaline PH,
> the
> > acidic PH and good bacteria which secrete
> various
> > anti-bacterial/fungal compounds and acids which
> > keep candida in its harmless yeast form.
>
>
> i don't see what my post had to do with candida or
> why you replied to me.

I thought you were agreeing with him re blood sugar and candida, if that wasnt the case im awfully sorrysmiling smiley

Agreed coco.

Date: December 31, 2010 07:27PM

my post said "blood sugar." candida wasn't mentioned. smiling smiley i don't agree or disagree w/ regard to candida.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 31, 2010 07:35PM

What I like about what Raw Bohemian is saying is that it is very easy to see and test the truth of his statement, as he gives you a way to find out for yourself. On the other hand with powerlifer's assertion (pH imbalance in the intestines), you really have no way of discovering if there is truth to his statement.

My sugar related issues (feeling weird after eating a lot of sweets, fungus issues) were handled by lowering my fat intake.

Date: December 31, 2010 08:01PM

No truth, thats not true any standard human biology book teaches these basics about stomach acidity, gut flora keeping incheck opportunistic pathogens such as candida. Even wikipedia has down the basics, now what most of the others praise has no backed up logic. Its these bogus alkaline/acid, candida sites which spread so much bull that people end up believing it over real human biology.

Candida doesnt get the same coverage as clostridium difficile largely because the latter kills.

This mostly comes from doug grahams work and without getting back into that candida thread again we already covered, the guy doesnt come close to understanding the basics because in the first clip of the video he says about candida being in the blood feeding on excess sugar. When candida occurs in the blood which is very rare its a systemic condition which is life threatening in most cases.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 08:15PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 31, 2010 08:12PM

powerlifer Wrote:
> No truth, thats not true any standard human
> biology book teaches these basics about stomach
> acidity, gut flora keeping incheck opportunistic
> pathogens such as candida. Even wikipedia has down
> the basics, now what most of the others praise has
> no backed up logic.
>
> Candida doesnt get the same coverage as
> clostridium difficile largely because the latter
> kills.

Maybe insteaed of saying "that's not true" powerlifer, you can say what you think is not true, because the thread title and some of the responses have to do with blood sugar, but you keep focusing on candida. what is your "that." be specific. not that everyone wanted another candida discussion, but you don't seem to be talking about blood sugar.

Date: December 31, 2010 08:16PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> powerlifer Wrote:
> -----
> > No truth, thats not true any standard human
> > biology book teaches these basics about stomach
> > acidity, gut flora keeping incheck
> opportunistic
> > pathogens such as candida. Even wikipedia has
> down
> > the basics, now what most of the others praise
> has
> > no backed up logic.
> >
> > Candida doesnt get the same coverage as
> > clostridium difficile largely because the
> latter
> > kills.
>
> Maybe insteaed of saying "that's not true"
> powerlifer, you can say what you think is not
> true, because the thread title and some of the
> responses have to do with blood sugar, but you
> keep focusing on candida. what is your "that."
> be specific. not that everyone wanted another
> candida discussion, but you don't seem to be
> talking about blood sugar.

He talked about candida being fed by high blood sugar that isnt true, what you want me to say here that this incorrect information is correct. I have no issue of what hes saying about blood sugar and fat. its the candida issue im correcting here. It was related to his article so whats the issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 08:17PM by powerlifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables