Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Celebrity fad diets
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 06, 2011 10:00PM

I watched Celebrity Weight Loss on ABC last night and raw food took a bit of a hit. On a scale of 1-5, a dietician gave the raw food a ZERO, and some poor girl admitted to not dating because she eats raw foods. On the flip side the Cave Man diet was made to look legitimate and even showed a strong healthy barefoot runner during the clip.

[abc.go.com]

The diet ratings are in the second segment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 10:08PM by RocketShip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Celebrity fad diets
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 07, 2011 12:14AM

To be fair, she gave all the diets she rated a 0. The other 'expert' gave raw food a 5, but who knows on what scale, 1-5?, 1-100? Many people who have adopted diets rather than lifestyles don't date while dieting. Dinner at restaurants seems to be such a dating standard.

I don't think it much matters. The desire to look like Demi Moore or someone else people have heard that use the raw food diet is far more influential than these women (whoever they are).

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 07, 2011 05:51AM

The celeb trainer saying that she tried raw for 7 months but lost her menstral cycle was pretty negative also.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: January 07, 2011 06:46AM

I don't care who celebs are having sex with or what they're eating.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 07, 2011 11:40AM

RocketShip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The celeb trainer saying that she tried raw for 7
> months but lost her menstral cycle was pretty
> negative also.

This is a worrying trend in woman who do raw sadly, most often it can be overcome by eating more calories, patching up deficiencies i.e iron, iodine, vitamin D etc, or eating more fat.

The horrible bit is many woman try to convince those who are suffering from it that its normal and healthy.

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: January 09, 2011 03:28AM

I gotta say, I don't really understand the menstrual issues on raw. I've been raw off and on for over three years... My longest stint with raw was nine months - and at the end of it my new husband forced me to start eating cooked again because I had just become pregnant! (He's a bit paranoid about trusting my instincts.) Eating such high nutrition increased my fertility, and I got through my best pregnancy coasting on that high. It is a huge contrast to this last fall when I miscarried because I am not healthy enough or strong enough to carry another baby at this time.

I'm eagerly awaiting being able to afford to go high raw again this spring. My kids need it! The little one won't eat any veggies at all, but she'll sure gulp a green smoothie!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 09, 2011 03:17PM

Last time I checked,most restaurants had salads.
Not date because you eat raw??????

Vinny

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 14, 2011 07:42PM

Eaglefly,
Sometimes resturants don't have even a simple green salad. In one area I used to live, I saw several resturants which didn't have any salad at all. I just couldn't believe it.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 14, 2011 08:08PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eaglefly,
> Sometimes resturants don't have even a simple
> green salad. In one area I used to live, I saw
> several resturants which didn't have any salad at
> all. I just couldn't believe it.

I found that pretty common in my area also which i find annoying as i often cant find anywhere to eat. Most places have a vegetarian option but very little have vegan options i find let alone a meal to accommodate someone following raw.

Although that could just be where i am, i hear there are raw restaurants down in london and alot in england compared to scotland.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:46PM

I don't understand, I go on dates all the time. But I'm socially active like that. Maybe even likeable to some people. LOL smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables