Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Video and photo of what happens when you overeat on fruit.
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 02, 2011 02:26PM

sheesh, calm down people.

i don't understand the need to judge and label someone as trashy, among other things.

let people do what they want to do and let the cards fall where they may.

did freelea put silicone in her body? in don't understand that comment...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 02, 2011 07:39PM

She had breast implants before vegan/before raw.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 02, 2011 10:48PM

Oh, well then, burn the witch,buuuuuurn herrrrr!

This was snark, btw smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2011 11:05PM

I don't care what she put in there, it's her body. I just don't want to see All of it!
I'm not about to put 30 bananas at a time into my body either but hey, more for those 30 banana a day lovers. Whatever.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 02, 2011 11:11PM

I think it does get kind of old. Harley and Freelea both look good. And so does Tim Van Orden, Brendan Brazier, and numerous other vegan athletes whose physical actvity is a much of a factor as the diet. The latter don't seem too insistent on trumpeting their own horn imho. To each their own. I don't think it's jealousy. It's just tiring. And no I don't have to read it and Harley doesn't have to post it. Chacun a son gout. To each their own.

Paul

Date: February 02, 2011 11:20PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, well then, burn the witch,buuuuuurn herrrrr!
>
> This was snark, btw smiling smiley

Yeah, implants aren't my thing. I also don't have blonde hair, though. (that was a random hair color pic because Freelee's is blonde, NO reference to "dumb blonde" jokes, realized that after, oops) I can appreciate everyon'e uniqueness, some attributes by choice and others innate. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 11:20PM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 02, 2011 11:53PM

Everyone is free to put whatever they wish into there bodies or do as they wish along as they are not harming another individual in my opinion.

But durian should take a minute to absorb that when he makes it his life mission to slate what others put into there bodies via diet, supplements, or as recently verging on slander about other gurus lifestyle choices such as possible drug consumption, he should take a minute to realize silicone is probably more dangerous than any of the above and that too was a lifestyle choice. Back to my point if it makes someone happier and isn't harming others why not i say.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 11:56PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 03, 2011 03:12AM

Recently I read a comment about religion where some one said that a penis is like religion: It is fine to have one and it is fine to be proud of it, but it is not good to take it out in public and wave it around.

I often feel that way about women showing a lot of their breasts and cleavage in public. Wearing revealing clothing at home is fine (where she appears to be) and at the beach is fine, but I would feel uncomfortable having a photo like that posted on the internet.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 03, 2011 03:18AM

i was having a religious discussion with a friend one time about the rapture (i thinkthats what she called it ) and she said wouldnt it be crazy if instead of everyone just dissapearing off the earth in a blip ... just their clothes went away (oops god glitch lol) imagine the chaos to follow

i nearly fell off my chair laughing imagining it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 03, 2011 06:56AM

I was born naked and have no problem being naked or seeing naked photos. If someone is comfortable with their pictures as posted, so be it.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 03, 2011 09:34AM

powerlifer - your inbox is full

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 03, 2011 09:37AM

Maybe the fruit went straight to her chest?

Idunno.

Date: February 03, 2011 02:24PM

Oh Jodi, that is so funny!

hey, I was born naked too but there is a difference between a body in it's natural state and dressed in provocative clothing with boobies pushed up to here. One is fine, the other is designed to get a maximum reaction and surprise surprise, it's working. But I guess everything else uses sex to sell stuff so why not fruit? I dunno, a bit backwards to me that idea.

Trive Wrote:
> Recently I read a comment about religion where
> some one said that a penis is like religion: It
> is fine to have one and it is fine to be proud of
> it, but it is not good to take it out in public
> and wave it around.
>

The end of that quote is "And for goodness sake, don't try shoving it down people's throats!"

Actually, I think it was children's throats but you catch my drift.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 03, 2011 06:34PM

Trive,
I think showing off ones chest, crotch or religion is a Modus operandi for some people. It can take quite a bit of patience dealing with that sometimes. I have learned to deal with it, as long as they don't expect me to convert, and if it doesn't mean they are better then me in any way. If that is the case I usually put them in their place.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 04, 2011 03:46AM

I don't have a problem with someone bragging about their partner. Why do people try to take away from each other a sense of pride and joy in their (or others) accomplishments?

If I were to study really hard for my national exam coming up in a few months and I pass... would you criticize me because of the subject of the test? or be happy that I accomplished something that I deemed very important to my own personal life.

People are so catty and petty about the dumbest things.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 04, 2011 04:03AM

One of the sources of emotional pain is the feeling of being separate from others. Ultimately, this separation from others is actually a separation from our true self, which though we can never really be apart from our true self, we can feel like we are. And what is it that makes us feel this separation?

This feeling of separation all stems from the mind, the ego, and the thoughts and beliefs that are in place that create the illusion of separateness. And one of the types of thinking that contributes greatly to this feeling of separation is judgment.

Judgment comes from believing that one knows the way the world, or other people, or oneself ought to be, and when we determine that this is not the case at this moment, this is where judgment creeps in. When we see that reality is not in alignment with our beliefs or our knowing of how things should be, we start to make determinations of right/wrong or good/bad, label things as such, and we make the illusion of separation and separateness even stronger.

If you are not feeling a oneness with the universe, other people, or even yourself, take a look where you might be judging the universe, other people, or yourself. The judgment of the universe and other people is ultimately the judgment of yourself, as there is only one consciousness in our universe, and that consciousness is the essence of all of reality.

And if you find yourself not liking being judged by other people, take a look at where you might be judging others. Because if we are to ask other not to judge us, we need to start by not judging them. We really can't ask of others that which we are unwilling to ask of ourselves.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 04, 2011 04:10AM

wow. well put.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 04, 2011 04:19AM

that sounds like a judgement about judging,lol... just saying, but everything we do in life involves one form of judging or another, and without judgement society would fall apart, as people who enjoy hurting others to get their kicks, would have nothing in their way of living exactly how they want... I believe though that there is a difference between healthy natural judgements, and judgements that people make out of spite, jealousy, or anger...

That being said, it was really well written and I enjoyed reading it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 04, 2011 10:35AM

I agree, seeing is judging. I just find it funny when people say 'Hey, dont judge!' and then when I do something, they are the first to get catty and guzzling the hatorade.

Date: February 04, 2011 12:54PM

It's because you can be so aggressive and pushy. We all know where your videos live if we want to watch them. You don't have try shoving your beliefs down other people's throats. I'm sure you think you're being helpful but some people just aren't interested in eating the same diet as you and no amount of brow beating is going to shift their thinking. You could ease up a little.

Difference between making judgements and being judgemental.
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 04, 2011 04:06PM

It goes without saying that making judgements is as natural as breathing and indispensible in the normal course of living. How could we not? When I decide where to go and how to walk on a particular surface, I'm making a judgment. When I meet a new acquaintance, I silently judge him or her and he or she does the same.

That's different than being judgemental, the propensity to pronounce judgements in a self-righteous tone sometimes wrapped in patriotism, loyalty or a false sense of security for underlying fears and insecurities.

One of the things I have benefited from on this forum is learning some humility (something I benefited from during my recent hiatus) and the importance of personal experience. And I am intrigued by the number of forum members who have told their story and experience about having benefited on a fruit based raw vegan diet, including Harley and Freelea. And also Prana (Bryan), Robin, Tamara, Cherie, RawPreston, and others. And there is no denying that both Harley and Freelea look good, at least in part because they are athletes, very physically athletic.

And I prefer the personal experience of those eating and benefiting fruit-based raw vegan diet when those experiences are described in detailed dispassionate voice with more light than heat. An example, Tonya Zavosta recently had post on sweet fruits vs. no sweet fruits [www.beautifulonraw.com]. What I liked about Tonya post that I didn't like about Harley's video is that Tonya provided specific detail about the delta or change between eating sweet fruit and not eating it and how sweet fruit helped her. I found her blog more helpful that Harley's video for a couple of reasons. Tonya provided more specificity about the change between before and after. She's not an athlete so I don't have to worry as much about exercise being a contributing factor. She also presented tradeoffs, always a sign that there are upsides and downsides to every adjustment we make. It's just important to know how much up and how much down. Finally, and most importantly, she's not a Doug Graham groupee. I would like to explore the possible benefits of a fruit based raw vegan diet without 811 to be perfectly honest, just looking at PubMed and my #s. If I've been judgmental to a degree, then I plead guilty as charged. People feel, so being judgmental like making judgements is also natural to a point. Where it becomes overbearing, preaching, imposing is a line each person has to decide. That last line is judgemental on my part. And I think it's ok. Not going to lose any sleep. It's just I don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. I don't want to forego experimenting with a fruit based raw vegan diet just because I don't like the way some are marketing it on the forum.

The fact that Tonya, Cherie, Brian, and others have personally benefited from a fruit based raw vegan diet is intriguing to me. And I would like to explore it without the weight of 811 on my head. Onward!

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2011 04:14PM by pborst.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 04, 2011 08:45PM

Nino Wrote:
> Eating raw foods never grew silicone in my chest.

Nor does it excuse dressing like a prostitute. If my daughter dressed like that I would disown her.

Date: February 04, 2011 08:50PM

Thank goodness my mom didn't disown me for any of the idiotic things I did in my teens! I WAS a stupid teenager though, not sure what she'd say about me acting like that as an adult. Probably nothing good...

Date: February 04, 2011 09:21PM

good points paul, I think you just said what I was trying to say, but in a more detailed way, and I enjoyed that link, thanks, I also agree with coco about how harley presents himself, ya catch more flies with honey as the saying goes... but I have voiced this opinion many times already,lol...

Harley, so it doesnt feel like your being ganged up on or anything, although im sure you could handle it if you where, I do not doubt where your heart is on this, you believe in what you believe in, and you want to help other people, but the way you present yourself most of the time, most people I know, have a difficult time taking you seriously, when you express yourself in such ways, then dismiss any naysayers with insults, its very high school-ish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 04, 2011 10:21PM

Horsea - I can't believe you are serious - disown your own daughter -just for dressing that way- wow. What would you do if she did something really serious?

I guess it was just one of those throw away lines.

Date: February 04, 2011 11:05PM

Geez, god forbid a person choose how they want to dress without people making conclusions or disowning? Seriously. It's her choice how she wants to dress. Doesn't make her a bad person if you don't like her clothing.

Date: February 04, 2011 11:20PM

You don't think what someone chooses to wear reflects their inner personality at all? Hmm. I think I dress like I am on the inside. Pretty sure this is true for most people. It is a way to project an image of yourself to the world around you after all.

Date: February 04, 2011 11:23PM

I agree coco, many people do, I dont though, I just dress in whatever is comfortable 90% of the time, occasionally however I do wear something that is suited towards the particular place I will be going... although sometimes I get it so wrong its hilarious...hahaha

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 05, 2011 12:44AM

Freelee has got a hot body. Why wouldnt you want to show it off? She does cop a lot of flak from fat, apathetic, complacent people that are too busy withering their life away farting into the couch watching re-runs on TV to commit to anything worthwhile. winking smiley "Hey, I can only wear a potato sack and you make a potato sack look good! Im jealous and to undercarbed to do anything about it, so please go away and let me pretend that fit, lean, strong, drug free raw vegans dont exist.."

www.sweetjuicyfreelee.com

Date: February 05, 2011 03:59AM

coco Wrote:
> You don't think what someone chooses to wear
> reflects their inner personality at all? Hmm. I
> think I dress like I am on the inside. Pretty sure
> this is true for most people. It is a way to
> project an image of yourself to the world around
> you after all.

nm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 04:02AM by Utopian Life.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables