Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Video and photo of what happens when you overeat on fruit.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:15AM

I see you have deleted your post Utopian Life but I've taken the time to answer your question anyhow so I'll leave it here.

That is what I can't figure out. What does the provocative dress have to do with health or raw food eating at all? The message is lost in the overt sexuality of the images I'm afraid. And they are extremely provocative as well as being accompanied by the insistance that anyone who does not enjoy them is somehow an unhealthy, unattractive, couch farting slob. Or to quote "fat, apathetic, complacent people that are too busy withering their life away farting into the couch watching re-runs on TV to commit to anything worthwhile."
I don't know about you but that does not describe me at all. Despite our vast differences in diet I am very lean, attractive, healthy and active. I don't watch television. I don't even watch some people's videos on youtube winking smiley.

My point here is that this doesn't seem to be about food at all. There is an aggressively condescending personal agenda that dominates much of the interaction between the person posting this images and many of the members here who do not agree with his position on diet or lifestyle. It's not because those members are "fat, apathetic, complacent people that are too busy withering their life away farting into the couch watching re-runs on TV to commit to anything worthwhile" either. It seems to me that there is a real effort to be antagonistic above and beyond anything else and while that can certainly work to generate conversation, this one has gotten stale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 04:17AM by coco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:47AM

I don't understand how some of you leave your house if you're offended. I've seen worse just walking into a store. It doesn't phase me either way. Every time I go in the locker room at the gym, someone is standing there changing their clothes..I think nothing of it. Whatever, it's a locker room, plenty of stalls but they choose there. I took my friend with me the other day and she did a double take and was all "OMG, EWW". Every time I go to a concert, there's at least 2 women running around the mosh pit with bras on or they take their shirts off and throw them at the band on stage. Mixed in with fat people wearing tight clothes that cling to their rolls.

D.R's "fat and jealous" logic is flawed. I'm fat and likely will never look like that. But that doesn't mean I give a crap about someone else. It's like a fat person trying to say they're "big and beautiful" and think everyone is jealous of their lard.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:52AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see you have deleted your post Utopian Life but
> I've taken the time to answer your question anyhow
> so I'll leave it here.
>
> That is what I can't figure out. What does the
> provocative dress have to do with health or raw
> food eating at all? The message is lost in the
> overt sexuality of the images I'm afraid. And they
> are extremely provocative as well as being
> accompanied by the insistance that anyone who does
> not enjoy them is somehow an unhealthy,
> unattractive, couch farting slob. Or to quote
> "fat, apathetic, complacent people that are too
> busy withering their life away farting into the
> couch watching re-runs on TV to commit to anything
> worthwhile."
> I don't know about you but that does not describe
> me at all. Despite our vast differences in diet I
> am very lean, attractive, healthy and active. I
> don't watch television. I don't even watch some
> people's videos on youtube winking smiley.
>
> My point here is that this doesn't seem to be
> about food at all. There is an aggressively
> condescending personal agenda that dominates much
> of the interaction between the person posting this
> images and many of the members here who do not
> agree with his position on diet or lifestyle. It's
> not because those members are "fat, apathetic,
> complacent people that are too busy withering
> their life away farting into the couch watching
> re-runs on TV to commit to anything worthwhile"
> either. It seems to me that there is a real effort
> to be antagonistic above and beyond anything else
> and while that can certainly work to generate
> conversation, this one has gotten stale.

Yeah, I took it down because I figured it was an "agree to disagree" thing as opposed to exploring more. DR didn't call anyone here specifically (or anyone anywhere) the slob, etc. He said that Freelee catches a lot of flak from people like that. I don't think his statement insinuates that ALL flak is received from the "slob" (and further adjectives). That would be an assumption. In other words, Freelee can receive flak from a "non-slob," so no need to be offended to anyone here that didn't like her manner of dress.

(the "slob" is not used here as my word and doesn't reflect my thoughts, personally)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 04:54AM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:05PM

Every time someone expressed not loving that picture DR responded with a similar comment. We don't like it because we are jealous because we are fat slobs who don't do anything. Pretty personal. Whatever, some people just don't have good communication skills and can't carry on their half of an arguement with logic or a well founded view point, they just stand there screaming their opinion and insulting you until you are sick to death of even trying to get a word in edgewise. I've had good convo with you here and there are many people expressing themselves with passion but without the rudeness. Thank goodness for you!

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:33AM

I said fat AND jealous. Some people are fat AND inspired and love our advice. Some people are fat AND jealous and dont want to do what they have to do to be the person they really want to be. If they actually got over their carb phobia and started eating at least 10g of carbs per kg of bodyweight, then they would have enough glycogen to fuel their brain and legs and want to get around more. They would be so full on plant carbs that the other stuff wouldnt look appealing.

Its that easy.

Here is another vid that will be helpful.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: February 07, 2011 07:27AM

I have known many people that have ripped abs and eat fast food and drink a 64 oz. of soda daily.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 07, 2011 10:09AM

Carbohydrates are important but there not as important as you make out durian, you dont suddenly have no energy and become unable to form normal decisions like you make out if you dont take in thousands of grams of carbs lol.

I agree clank72 on a sad diet i probably looked my best so far, mainly because i was exercising fanatically. You can look great on any diet pending you do exercise, all my friends look great and there diets are disgusting kebabs, burgers, currys, pretty much fast food constantly.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 07, 2011 12:50PM

powerlifer,

Pay now or pay later. Hope your mates listen to you eventually . . .

Date: February 07, 2011 12:56PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> powerlifer,
>
> Pay now or pay later. Hope your mates listen to
> you eventually . . .

I find it so hard to get my point across that they should be increasing raw fruits and vegetables etc. Minus what little salad you get on a burger, kebab etc that is all they eat raw i think. But because they exercise they look good and are healthier than the average.

They have seen how poor diet effected me but still not enough to convince them to change there eating habits. I guess like you say pay later there has to be a point where there poor diet will start effecting them.

Date: February 08, 2011 01:54AM

Carbs are key for high energy. How many grams of carbs should somebody eat if they want the highest energy lifestyle so they can keep/get fit, lean, strong and have LOTS of stamina left over for their family, partner, community, life purpose etc.

I say 10g of carbs per kg of bodyweight per day as a MINIMUM. Sure you can do less but you will be driving on half inflated tyres.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:10AM

I wonder how she has been able to keep her cup size that big even though she's leaned out everywhere else? When I lean out, the boobs are the first to go! LOL Most females with concave abs usually have smaller breasts. What's her secret?

From my own experience, I look and feel my best when I have chlorophyll rich foods in my diet. I also like servings of more savory foods in between the fruit I eat.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:15AM

Obviously I was speed reading and missed the part about her implants. I suspected as much. That explains it.

Date: February 13, 2011 11:36AM

Carbohydrates are only one factor in energy production, just like any other macronutrient they are important but like the others i feel no need to selectively overindulge in one, i.e high protein etc.

ATP production goes much further than carbohydrates. Other macronutrients such as fats are involved and broken down into fatty acids, magnesium etc.

Carbohydrates are not even considered an essential macronutirent, but i would say low carbohydrate is pretty silly and can be dangerous. Personally im moderate or probably even a little higher than average due to the amount of fruit i eat.

Gluconeogenesis is another process in which amino acids are used to synthesize glucose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2011 11:40AM by powerlifer.

Date: February 14, 2011 11:59AM

PL, you didnt answer my question. Do you know how many grams of carbs a day you average? Or you have no idea?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 12:01PM by durianrider.

Date: February 14, 2011 12:04PM

Didnt see your question durian, im not sure ive never stuck it into any caloric calculator, must do. I suspect it will be on the higher side of average seen as how my caloric intake in general is pretty high for bodybuilding.

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:15PM

Months ago I stumbled upon some of DR's videos on this forum. They have motivated me to try a more fruit-based approach to my diet, and it seems to have helped.

Most of the other stuff in this thread is silly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 03:16PM by Jonathan Barlow.

Date: February 18, 2011 10:50AM

Jonathan Barlow Wrote:
> Months ago I stumbled upon some of DR's videos on
> this forum. They have motivated me to try a more
> fruit-based approach to my diet, and it seems to
> have helped.
>
> Most of the other stuff in this thread is silly.

Johnathon: Take advice from those getting the results you desire and avoid getting caught up in the whining from people that will be stuck in the same rut 10 years from now. winking smiley

I rode 220km yesterday and have a running race on tomorrow. I enjoy living the high energy lifestyle.

Date: March 12, 2011 07:03AM

I rode 240km Sunday just gone.
[connect.garmin.com]

I chuckle when people that cant even run a sub 50min 10k say 'Oh I didnt get enough protein..'

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:08PM

JESUS!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 13, 2011 07:16AM

'I chuckle when people that cant even run a sub 50min 10k say 'Oh I didnt get enough protein..'

can't even !!!!!! such a disgraceful thing to say. How can anyone take this man seriously?

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables