Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
David Wolfe says you gotta buy ant extract and take deer placenta.
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 02, 2011 12:56AM

I cant call David a snake oil salesman no more cos he really is a deer placenta salesman! David Wolfe filed a copyright infringement against me cos Im speaking up too much about his antics. (pun intended.)

Has David smoked a few bongs too many? Talking with some of his ex employees/business partners they would say he has. I used to be a big fan, Im not anymore. When people owe my friends money and treat women like deer meat, speak against vegans and raw fooders, I lose respect quickly.

[www.30bananasaday.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: David Wolfe says you gotta buy ant extract and take deer placenta.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 02, 2011 03:04PM

I just went to his new website. The product descriptions really sound bizarre, like journal entries of someone who had studied herbalism and then cracked up. Deer placenta? Three hour colostrum? Moral hedging, ahoy!

This is so sad, because, sincere or not, he now gives the impression of being morbidly afraid of his mortality and like he wants the rest of us to be afraid of it, too. And that is philosophically opposed to how he used to be when still raw veg.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 02, 2011 03:12PM

Has anyone seen the 70 years of research on these ant benefits? as ive never came across anything. Interested in any research though as always before making any rash decisions.

Date: February 02, 2011 03:16PM

You don't understand, powerlifer, these Indians in the western Amazon have eaten these ants for generations and they live to be 110 and need to sleep for only three hours! It's the best thing ever!

Date: February 02, 2011 03:51PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't understand, powerlifer, these Indians in
> the western Amazon have eaten these ants for
> generations and they live to be 110 and need to
> sleep for only three hours! It's the best thing
> ever!

haha yeah, id still like to see if there was any research though, making bold statements such as 70 years of research opens yourself wide up. Im surprised hes even aloud to make claims in the UK your not.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 02, 2011 04:34PM

I wonder if Shazzie has distanced herself from him - didn't they write a book about cacoa together - or is she as loopy as him?

Date: February 02, 2011 05:05PM

flipperjan Wrote:
> I wonder if Shazzie has distanced herself from him
> - didn't they write a book about cacoa together -
> or is she as loopy as him?

I was a big fan of her company and im not saying this is shazzies fault what im about to say. But i used to buy dried mulberries from them(gorgeous if anyone hasn't tried) anyway i would just eat them by the handfuls and would rarely look at what i was eating, i ended up nearly choking on a stone, and not a fruit stone i.e a stone/rock you'd find on the ground.

I emailed to let them know just incase and received no reply, because the stone was of similar size i was lucky not to choke and whose to say a child wouldn't, so i emailed again and finally got a response to what they thought i was mentioning a fruit stone and got the response that it couldn't really be helped fair enough, anyway replied saying it was a rock/stone off the ground and received no further reply. Infact if i remember right i think i even did a further email to test and again no reply.

Shocking customer service in my opinion, i even told them that i didn't want anything free and wasnt looking to hassle them but thought it was an important issue that they should know about.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 05:08PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: February 02, 2011 06:42PM

Dude just stop trying to shoot the man down. Its rather sad.

No-one is perfect, he's doing what he can for the planet and people's health. His sunfood book is one of the most important books a person can read in this day and age. Looking into the faults of others with such spite only says things about you.

To me Wolfe seems a bit of a narcissist, holier and more important than thou... pretend im a compassionate yogi but really dig making money..

but so what... I focus on the things about him which are useful to me, namely his optimism and passion for good health. His questionable traits I dont concern myself with.

Ive seen your videos.. 90% of the time you are critisising other ideas or other people... the other 10 your'e draping spinach leaves over your head or whatever it is you think is painting a good picture of raw eating.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2011 07:19PM

Pft, funny.

DW is an arse though. Really, in real life. I didn't care for him much. This selling of questionable products is ridiculous in the extreme but people keep buying them. Wonder what they'll come out with next? It would be funny if it wasn't so cruel.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:47PM

WanderRA,

Uh, the David Wolfe that was appeared to be concerned about the planet and people's health, but the present incaranation seems pretty far afield from that other one.

It is interesting: can one still feel appreciation and admiration for someone from whom one benefited but who is no longer pure of original purpose? We do this with people we know; think mother with truant child, but I don't know if I can do it for someone like this . . .

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 05, 2011 05:51AM

Follow with blind obedience. Do ANYTHING but follow your heart.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:19PM

Durianrider I think you would be so interesting to meet. I imagine your a lot of fun to hang around with. I think David would be interesting to me also, but I don't really have an impression of what he might be like.

Date: February 05, 2011 03:56PM

David Wolfe has an exuberant, very outgoing, confidant personality that makes him an excellent public speaker. He listens carefully to people when they talk to him and ask him questions and he comes up with great answers that illustrate his personal point of view without alienating or putting down the person he is talking to. He is very definite about what he believe, whatever that may be at the moment. I have not met with him in years so he may have changed quite a bit in that time but he was Always "ON" if you know what I mean. Very dedicated to his business. I don't agree with most of what he sells and a lot of what he says but that's what he was like in my experience. Very charismatic.

Date: February 05, 2011 05:51PM

Wow... some of those supplements are really odd. The thought of ingesting deer placenta is just... scary and sad. $175 for powdered cow colostrum... yikes. Seems Wolfe has gone off the deep end.

Date: February 05, 2011 06:08PM

wow thats expensive 175 dollars for the antibodies that are so praised and there not even absorbed lol. The gut closes off absorption of these anti-bodies after the age of 2 from what ive read.

The growth factors you could get better with chlorella with being vegan and the host of nutrition and benefits chlorella has.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 05, 2011 06:55PM

When I worked in a health food store about ten years ago, velvet deer antler was a supplement so it's not entirely new, although this placenta business is. I thought DW was a vegan advocate or am I mistaken?

Date: February 05, 2011 07:10PM

He started with ants a few years back. Why you would want to eat the humble and hardworking ant is beyond me though. I mean, to get enough of them in ya to make any sort of difference you'd have to decimate nearly the entire colony. That seems stupid And cruel.

Date: February 06, 2011 02:32PM

coco,
Where do they get the ants from anyway? I know you have compassion on the ants, but a lot of people in the world do not. I would wonder if they have some sort of pesticide residue on them. If they are gathered in another country, it might be totally unregulated, either on possible contaminants, or how they are gathered or at what rate.

Date: February 06, 2011 02:54PM

They say on the website there from some mountains where they are not treated with raid etc.

Date: February 06, 2011 03:30PM

What would be a better alternative to ants or deer placenta?

Date: February 06, 2011 03:54PM

Mislu Wrote:
> What would be a better alternative to ants or deer
> placenta?

Im still unsure of what the score is with either, im having trouble finding any research really on the ants which is usually a bad sign. Ive found one small excerpt that a type of chinese ant may provide anti-inflammatory and pain relief benefits. In which case theres a number of great anti-inflammatory herbs.

I see in the description for the ants says 70 years of research, where is this research lol?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 03:58PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 06, 2011 06:11PM

spending time discussing ants and placenta and anti inflammatories and the "benefits" of chlorella indicates that a person is quite clueless as to dietary principles and health.

Date: February 06, 2011 06:22PM

fresh Wrote:
> spending time discussing ants and placenta and
> anti inflammatories and the "benefits" of
> chlorella indicates that a person is quite
> clueless as to dietary principles and health.

Being clueless about dietary principles and health is why tons of people end up on websites like this one, lol. That's ok by me, all of us still have tons to learn.

Date: February 06, 2011 06:23PM

Yeah it does eh the only good factor for health is fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit.

Grow up, chlorella has shown many health benefits in studies. Every post ive seen from you has been crap so i guess your the same as me then eh clueless.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 06:25PM by powerlifer.

Date: February 06, 2011 06:25PM

Now now kids, let's not fight. Hugs and kisses all around then XO.

Date: February 06, 2011 06:54PM

how would you know what to eat without pseudoscientific studies?

would you eat chlorella

would you even know what chlorella is

how would you survive?

how do other species survive without studies.

Date: February 06, 2011 07:07PM

Yes i would eat chlorella and i have in the past when i suffered from heavy metal toxicity, chlorella has shown chelating properties and it helped me alot, and without science no i wouldn't know what it is, just like i wouldnt know the nutritional content and benefits fruits and vegetables have shown.

studies go along way to helping give credible information, there not the be all and end all but they are a good indicator in most cases.

Again the boring and predictable animal reference, we might be closely related but we are not animals, we are humans, we do many different things than animals, we brush our teeth, most mammals can make there own ascorbic acid production, we incur much more toxicity than most animals ever could etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 07:16PM by powerlifer.

Date: February 06, 2011 08:06PM

Whoop, better get naked and forgo wearing shoes! If we're gonna get all animalistic that is...

Date: February 06, 2011 09:50PM

don't see the relevance, unless you were considering eating your shoes.

>Yes i would eat chlorella and i have in the past when i suffered from heavy metal toxicity, chlorella has shown chelating properties and it helped me alot

so your body is not capable of getting heavy metals out of itself. i would question that assumption.

>, and without science no i wouldn't know what it is, just like i wouldnt know the nutritional content and benefits fruits and vegetables have shown.

what to eat has nothing to do with nutritional content. it has to do with other considerations. i will spare you the animalistic details. i'm sure you know them

>studies go along way to helping give credible information, there not the be all and end all but they are a good indicator in most cases.

don't you mean they're ?

>Again the boring and predictable animal reference, we might be closely related but we are not animals, we are humans, we do many different things than animals, we brush our teeth, most mammals can make there own ascorbic acid production, we incur much more toxicity than most animals ever could etc.

has nothing to do with what i was talking about.

Date: February 06, 2011 10:33PM

Lol what to eat has nothing to do with nutritional content are you serious? Id also love to know these other considerations you speak of because unlike your holy self im clueless lol coming from the guy that doesn't believe the nutritional content of food is important.

Yes but when you have toxicity levels of metals without chelating aids such as pectins from fruits and vegetables it would take ages to get down to acceptable levels.

it has everything to do you referenced other species not needing studies, like i said were not other species were humans.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 10:36PM by powerlifer.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables