Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Monkeys dont count calories, why should we?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 19, 2011 02:54AM

Are you lean, fit and strong? Want to be? Take some notes from this vid.

[www.30bananasaday.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monkeys dont count calories, why should we?
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 19, 2011 04:01AM

Monkeys don't use the internet. Why should we?

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: February 19, 2011 10:37AM

The video is too long too much talk the main message is lost in all of the messages. There is a lot of wisdom in being short and precise.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 19, 2011 03:44PM

A 100% usefull video! One of Durianriders best. I totally agree with the advice in this video. Making sure Im eating enough was the key to eating raw for me. When I first started eating raw I just went by feel, it would last for 3,4,or 5 days at most. Then I would submit to intense cravings. I would crave the most high calorie and intense foods, processed foods high in fat and processed sugar. I would binge eat and then get all upset with myself for not staying raw. It was disordered eating! I was really bullshitting myself! lol

Once I started using Nutritiondata.com I relized that before, I was only eating 1300-1600 calories daily. Now years later, Ive learnt my lessons the hard way. Its easy being raw when I consistently eat 2500-3000 cal/daily.

So yeah, I give Durianrider alot of props for bringing this important issue to the raw food community. Thanks man.

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: February 19, 2011 04:31PM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I first started eating raw I
> just went by feel, it would last for 3,4,or 5 days
> at most. Then I would submit to intense cravings.
> I would crave the most high calorie and intense
> foods, processed foods high in fat and processed
> sugar. >
> Once I started using Nutritiondata.com I relized
> that before, I was only eating 1300-1600 calories
> daily.

That's the state I am currently in. I'm trying to figure out how to get more calories in, but it's quite challenging when it comes to raw sources of carbohydrates. I bring 6 bunches of bananas or 6 mini watermelons to work and it stinks up the whole office. Plus, it's not like you can just go to the supermarket and buy tons of ripe produce. Got to buy it in advance and spend several days ripening it at warm temps (another challenge in northern winters).

I've tried substituting some cooked carbs as well, but I worry I won't get enough vitamins and minerals from those (as compared to fruit). For example, I tried rice cakes at work, but the nutrition label showed zero nutrients, they tasted like cardboard, and they made me incredibly thirsty. Oh well, it's all a learning process and I'd like to think I'm at least making progress in the right direction.

Another thing... I just don't seem to be hungry enough! I just had bananas for breakfast, and couldn't put down more than 5. And the 5th one really took some effort. I don't want to have to force feed myself.

Date: February 19, 2011 06:08PM

Get yourself a juicer. Raw and sweet potatoes.

Date: February 20, 2011 12:12AM

Johnathan, stay away from melons/juices as they take up too much stomach room and dont provide enough carb calories. Sure drink/eat em on occasion but its a big mistake consuming them everyday in large quantities when you could be eating dates/bananas so you can really rip it up.

You literally have to force feed yourself! Its like lifting weights or getiting fitter, you have to FORCE it initially so your body gets used to the feeling and then it just comes naturally. Does that make sense? Its like an old rusty lock that needs to be forced initially to bring it back to good order.

Too many people in the raw world sit around waiting for an amazing body, health, digestion, hydration etc but you gotta go out and FORCE IT!

When you first start meditating you FORCE the thoughts out and over time you can just do it naturally with no force.

Does that make sense?

Load up on the boxes of organic dates, get a good blender and fill up bottles and take em to work. No smell, no compost and you will be living the high vibe life in no time. I help a lot of guys get fit and healthy chicks and the first thing I tell em is to load up on the carbs for a few weeks so you exude confidence and vitality cos your glycogen stores are strong and ready to go long.

Date: February 20, 2011 12:56AM

"I bring 6 bunches of bananas or 6 mini watermelons to work and it stinks up the whole office"

That seems like a lot of food, but is that nutritious?
The fruit based diet is not nutritious as most of the fruits are unripe, weeks old

Date: February 20, 2011 11:44PM

Hey Johnathan, just keep going you'll get there. I wouldn't bother with rice cakes, useless food IMO. Eventually you will be able to eat enough fruit. Just eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible. Try juicing vegetables to get in more minerals. Sometimes you may revert to cooked food. But don't ever worry about it, if you keep building consistency and routine eventually you will be able to eat just raw fruits and vegetables all day long. And it's great! It took me a couple years to learn how to eat this way. My house dosen't have a fruit bowl, it has a fruit mountain! Yes sometimes you will have to ripen fruit up for a few days, but whats the big deal?

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: February 23, 2011 06:19AM

Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys.

Harley I'm going to try the date water thing. I'd like to get myself some fit and healthy chicks. smiling smiley

madinah, I thought fruit was quite nutritious, but maybe that's not enough variety? You say the fruit is unripe even when it sits out for weeks? That's a shame. What would be a more nutritious base?

WorkoutMan, thanks, I figure I'll get used to it eventually. I'm glad you were ultimately successful with persistence.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: February 23, 2011 06:51AM

I must have a monkey's attention span because no way can I watch 21 minutes! I have things to do. winking smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 23, 2011 09:08AM

same thing I thought when I loaded it,LOLLL... we have some stuff in common,hehehehe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: February 26, 2011 03:23PM

Bump for this thread because I think its so important.

Date: March 12, 2011 06:52AM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bump for this thread because I think its so
> important.

Thanks for the vote of support WM!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 06:53AM by durianrider.

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:08PM

I count monkeys

david

Posted by: rab ()
Date: March 13, 2011 02:40AM

durianrider talks to much, but I agree about monkeys. Monkeys have all the answers about human diet. Maybe that is why they are letting them get extinct, while making sure all other species are saved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables