Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Olives? love/hate?
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:03PM

I just tried a black olive from a jar...

it was disgusting.

why are they so rare to buy raw and not in a jar?

please tell me they taste differently when not pickled/processed and straight from the tree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Olives? love/hate?
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:40PM

lol.. I've loved them since I was 2. There's different kinds though.. some are disgusting. The only "raw" ones I've had were from Natural Zing and I didn't find them better or worse than "cooked". They were good but not amazingly better.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:42PM

Same experience as yourself i dont know what olives are meant to taste like i know alot love them.

Personally a while back i got some vegan friendly olives meant to be packed with chilis. I dont know if it was the horrible liquid they were in or if it was the olives themselves but there were green and black ones and i nearly vomitted how disgusting they were.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 10:43PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: February 21, 2011 10:54PM

I used to love them - not so much anymore. We used to get the raw ones from sunfood. The black ones are okay, I kinda prefer green... Chopped up w/ avocado is good...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 21, 2011 11:26PM

Love.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 22, 2011 09:26AM

most olives taste bad to me, but I had these ones awhile ago, that I forgot the name of, which has pissed me off considerably, that where so deliciously fruity tasting, with no noticeable hint of salt... and it was at an olive bar in a normal grocery store?! I dont know how they where made, if they where raw or vegan friendly or whatever, they where just awesome... stone in btw...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 22, 2011 02:43PM

Love, in moderation.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 22, 2011 10:22PM

those fruity green ones I had, I cuold have eaten pounds of them, hahaha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: February 23, 2011 02:39AM

Loooovvveee!!

I usually try and cure my own but don't often get time so I do buy the raw jarred ones sometimes. I'm lucky in my area, we have a lot of greek and italian families, so olives picked fresh off the tree are easy to get in season as lots of people bottle them at home here.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2011 02:41AM

Now that I know how to cure them so easily I hope to never have to buy them again.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: March 02, 2011 10:12PM

Love... in moderation, when they're actually good; a lot of them aren't. Black are much more nutrient-dense than green. Look out for yucky things like wine vinegar in the ingredients.

Date: March 06, 2011 01:19PM

I used to love the black ones, but have gone off of them. Now, I love green ones. Green olives + drizzle of lemon juice = mmmmmm!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables