Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I refuse to post on here until everyone settles down...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 14, 2011 09:17PM

Earthquake, Tsunami, economy in a shambles, lack of jobs, tainted GMO food, full moon...

Whatever the cause is, *everyone* is just way too petulant for my tastes. This forum is hands down, just about the most waspish one I am a member of.

I suppose the discussion of (raw) food is more cavil than I must realize it is...

I'm out for awhile...

Yeah, I know I probably didn't use half those words correctly...

So...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I refuse to post on here until everyone settles down...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2011 09:25PM

I see yer bum!

Well, I'll miss ya so don't stay away too long.

And I'll try to be nicer, how's that? XO

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 14, 2011 10:02PM

this is the mildest forum ive ever been a member of that is actually even slightly active,lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 14, 2011 10:19PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this is the mildest forum ive ever been a member
> of that is actually even slightly active,lol.

I agree, Curator! LOL- please!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 14, 2011 10:23PM

Don't gooooooooooo!!!

Unless you'll go insane if you stay.

I give you and A for composition, by the way smiling smiley

Date: March 14, 2011 10:26PM

"Waspish"- now is that good or bad?

Date: March 14, 2011 10:42PM

ya know what JK, you've convinced me, your waspish insult sent to my email inbox instead of having the balls to say it here in public has convinced me, im done with this forum, have fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 14, 2011 11:40PM

Clearly Juicer is having a bad day. LOL

Date: March 14, 2011 11:51PM

Curator Wrote:
> ya know what JK, you've convinced me, your waspish
> insult sent to my email inbox instead of having
> the balls to say it here in public has convinced
> me, im done with this forum, have fun.

If you still have the pm, go ahead & post it in this thread - I don't mind. It wasn't insulting at all & meant to be...

But, the way you just reacted to it does indeed prove my point.

Actually, I wish I hadn't deleted your reply to me...that was the real insult...

Grow up kid...

LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 11:54PM by juicerkatz.

Date: March 15, 2011 12:33AM

Telling some one they must be on drugs because they disagree with you IS an insult, if it wasnt, you would have posted it in here instead of emailing it, duh, 90% of the emails you ever send to me involve insults about other members, you are the one who needs to grow up, you snipe and complain and gripe about everyone else, you see conspiracies to piss you off behind EVERY post somebody makes that disagrees with you, and ask me to check their IP address's for you to see if are duplicate accounts, yet you are just as guilty of the behaviors you blame other people for, are you a bad person? no, I think you are a great guy at your core, are you a hypocrite? definitely.

Edit: Also, id say if there was ANYTHING wrong with this forum, its the people like you who constantly say one thing in public, and things completely different behind the scenes, at least I am willing to say the things in public I would in private, I own my opinions.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 12:38AM by Curator.

Date: March 15, 2011 12:35AM

To:
Curator
Date: 03/14/2011 03:17PM

In reply to [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Curator Wrote:
> this is the mildest forum ive ever been a member
> of that is actually even slightly active,lol.

Seriously?!?

you must be on drugs, dude!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 15, 2011 01:28AM

I've had better days myself. Sometimes, I get caught in the moment and windup saying hurtful things to people and a community I care about. Thankfully there are two things which make today manageable, forgiveness and tomorrow! If I need to take another hiatus, I will. The last one was very therapeutic. When/if I start to go off like I did this morning, I become the very thing I'm fighting against.

If I could just be mindful all of the time, I would catch myself. Being in the present moment. Noticing without judging. Sounds easy. It isn't.

Perhaps a breather would do me some good as well. Not saying good bye. Saying see you soon. Or I may read without posting. [tough for me].

Date: March 15, 2011 02:10AM

Curator,

LOL - A big LOl...

I suppose you are the only individual that doesn't remark about other folks or their posts to other members in a pm.

I will admit that I do...because I am a transparent person...

I will remark about a member or disagree with them privately or publicly. The reason for it to be done privately would be not to derail a thread & move it off topic.

Some people are perfect...and then there is me...

I don't have anything to prove on here - this is the internet...I don't have to impress anyone...

BTW...I finally understand what the phrase means -

"No good deed goes unpunished"

I will no longer reply - it's not worth it to ruffle any more feathers.

I'm out - you guys have fun in Utopia.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: March 15, 2011 02:26AM

hmmm, just adding my 2 cents here but,

I have been a member here for years and I have noticed that some members take this site way too seriuosly. There is a world outside of this forum! I taken many breaks from the interesting sometimes tiring debates that are presented here, and I find that I benefit most fromt the support we are supposed to be giving/recieving here when I am truly honest & in need of it.

I can also identify with the hurt feelings though, there have been coments from members that I really respected that completely had me question why I had even respected them; and read others debates and asked myself why people are propagating such hate?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 15, 2011 02:41AM

Please don't go, juicerkatz -

you're almost the only friend I have on here, who has a great sense of humor and is so great at diffusing a tense situation, and has come to my defense more than once, and you're on the right side of the aisle, and you're a guy - there's a shortage of them here. I agree that there seems to be a lot of animosity on this board and so critical, even as to how to compose our posts.

Date: March 15, 2011 03:29AM

JK, As I said in my reply email to you, I specifically stated that I do to, but I do not pretend not to be as you did in the original Post, I never said anything in private that I also haven't said in the open to the individual, and always have, that is the difference.

Also, your condescending attitude is not going unnoticed, and it hasnt in the recent past either, the last 3-4 emails you sent me where filled with so much "pat the little kid on the head" kind of condescension, it was difficult at first to look past towards your good intentions, but I did, that is whats pissing me off about this thread, and your email, and btw, posting your response to my post rather than emailing it, would NOT have been taking the post off topic if what you said was NOT intended as an insult, considering you have specifically used that as an insult to describe peoples behavior whom you disagree with in the past during emails to me, why in hell would I interpret as anything OTHER than an insult, if that is the only way you have ever used that term while griping about other people to me?

At first I felt it an honor you felt safe venting to me, then I just today realized finally that you are just a bitter petty person, and that is why you are constantly complaining about others.

Kidraw, I cant even count the amount of times ive defended you via email to other members whom I felt where over reacting to you (and in some cases, have discussed my own issues with you to ask advice on how best to reply) , that being said, I also do not hold my tongue when I feel you have done or said something wrong, personally, I prefer people that will actually disagree with me, instead of just agreeing on the surface, then talking behind my back.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 15, 2011 04:32AM

what does waspish mean lol

i suppose asking for a group hug would be out of order? grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: March 15, 2011 08:03AM

LET'S ALL DO... THE ITCHY MONKEY DANCE!!!! YAAAYYYY!!

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:13AM

The strange thing about the forum is that some of the leading vegans(the cc, pb) get very offended when their views and practices are questioned.
I would be very excited to explain why my veganism work and is the best approach to life instead of feeling offended. Some actually would leave the forum when their views are questioned, so we have to walk a fine line.
It is good to remind people what the rules of the forum are as the forum leader does, but getting offended is totally strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 10:16AM by madinah.

Date: March 15, 2011 11:46AM

I don't know why I keep replying to this thread - I keep breaking my own word, since I say I am done with it...but...

Kidraw

I appreciate the kind words & such. With me, I don't really view it as coming to your defense so much as it is just that I agree with your views a lot, & we seem to have a similar value system.

Curator

"your condescending attitude is not going unnoticed, and it hasnt in the recent past either, the last 3-4 emails you sent me where filled with so much "pat the little kid on the head" kind of condescension"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I admit, I said a few condescending things in this thread, such as about "being perfect" and maybe a couple other things...

However, that is where the condescending ends...in my recent pms to you, or even in my posts referring to your posts. I didn't mean to come across in the manner you are taking it, and you can take that to the bank.

I am not/was not talking down to you - as I feel you are a very bright guy.

Rather, I feel the real problem is that you, and maybe others possibly don't understand my twisted "off the wall" sense of humor.

For example -

you recently thought I was referring to you as being "girlie" in the clothes thread - not at all - that was simply a silly goofy remark that I was "ribbing" you with. I even admitted that I liked some of the clothing styles.

As we all know, in this "2-D" world of the internet, we have to try to interpret what another is really saying/thinking - and that is very complicated to do since we cannot communicate face to face/ read expressions/body language, etc.

I feel that this is where much of it is being lost here. There is definitely a communication gap where we try to decipher another's actions/words.

Rest assured, I have not been talking down to you ever in the past. I can see you are taking it this way however, in your responses to me in this thread.

If we were chatting in person I am certain you would have a different reaction.

Jodi

Group hug? What's in it for me? LOL grinning smiley

RocketShip

Yes, there have been a lot of little things over the last couple of months that have been going "not so well" in my personal situation. I'm not sure that it has much to do with this thread though, I really don't.

The reason that I started this thread is that - it just seems like almost every time I click on a thread on here, there is some sort of argument/strong disagreement going on. I just can't handle it anymore.

I stated it before - I belong to probably over 60 forums of different topics of interest, & this one is without a doubt, the most disagreeable one I am a member of.

Guess that's all I can think of right now. I may return to comment - I may not...we'll see.

It does feel good to vent, maybe clear the air, y'know...

One more thing - I did want to mention;

All of you that I have pm'd & who have pm'd me in the past - Since they are considered "private messages", your confidentiality is safe with me. Private will stay private. What we have discussed will remain behind the scenes.

BTW - CURATOR - that is not a knock at you - I just wanted to let the folks whom I have shared thoughts with know that their "secrets" are safe with me...lol

Date: March 15, 2011 12:25PM

juicerkatz Wrote:

> Jodi
>
> Group hug? What's in it for me? LOL grinning smiley
>

*gasp*

*offended*

Well, last time I entertain the notion of a group hug with you guys. Sheesh!

*flounces off*

Date: March 15, 2011 12:34PM

coco Wrote:
> juicerkatz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Jodi
> >
> > Group hug? What's in it for me? LOL grinning smiley
> >
>
>
> *gasp*
>
> *offended*
>
> Well, last time I entertain the notion of a group
> hug with you guys. Sheesh!
>
> *flounces off*

GEEZ Coco---

see, there's just what I was referring to. I meant that reply to be funny. That's why I posted the little grinning guy!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 15, 2011 12:47PM

This is the most unusual Thread I've ever read. JK said that he refuses to post until everyone settles down....and here he is posting....and I mean a lot.
JK....Don't you know that no one here is going to 'settle down'...yourself included.....WY

Date: March 15, 2011 01:43PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> coco Wrote:
> -----
> > juicerkatz Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > Jodi
> > >
> > > Group hug? What's in it for me? LOL grinning smiley
> > >
> >
> >
> > *gasp*
> >
> > *offended*
> >
> > Well, last time I entertain the notion of a
> group
> > hug with you guys. Sheesh!
> >
> > *flounces off*
>
>
> GEEZ Coco---
>
> see, there's just what I was referring to. I meant
> that reply to be funny. That's why I posted the
> little grinning guy!

Can't you tell I'M joking? Come on now, who says *flounces off* for real? I'M TOTALLY JOKING!
I know this thread is supposed to be serious but I've been laughing at all of us quite a bit lately. I don't know, it's hard to take this seriously right now. No offense to anyone of course, I get it that feelings are hurt etc. It's just that if this is the extent of our worries here, well, we're doing pretty good. It puts a smile on my face that we have time and space in our lives to get wrapped up in this stuff.
Is that weird, that this makes me happy? I am just feeling extraordinarily grateful for simple pleasures lately including the simple pleasure of disagreeing and having a good arguement, venting feelings, etc. I feel darn lucky. And so should you all.

Kisses and hugs all around and let's all make up ok? I love you guys something fierce.

Date: March 15, 2011 03:10PM

One thing I learned yesterday: "waspish" means "snarky"winking smiley

Reading all of these comments regarding PMs confirmed my suspicions. I have felt for a long time like this place (like too many others in "real life" as well as cyberspace) is too cliqueish; too highschool. Sometimes I feel that one person has been ganged up upon, simply because people are annoyed by his or her views. I haven't stepped in to defend anyone from this because I really do believe that we are all adults and can defend ourselves and it becomes a game when we side with one person over another. But I do find it dismaying because all my life I have felt on the outside looking in and I dunno, maybe it's just human nature to gravitate towards certain people over others but I really feel that an ideal group dynamic is to interact with everyone, even those who piss you off in their beliefs. As for the PMs, I can think of one time where I PM'd someone about someone else here and had the disclaimer that I don't like gossiping. My only purpose with that PM was to get a sense of what had really transpired with me because I didn't know the person too well and was confused. I have never PM'd anyone to gripe behind someone else's back. It serves no purpose and seems only done in order to form factions and be exclusionary. A while back a few members seemed to vanish suddenly without any public announcement and that was the first time when I thought that there must be all this behind-the-scenes stuff and frankly, it disappointed me that this sort of thing would go on as adults. I would hope that if any of you take issue with me, as Paul did yesterday, that you make it public or at least PM me and not backbite to others. Of course, it's a free world and you can do whatever you want but I think this boiling over stuff is a result of past toxic behavior.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 03:13PM by banana who.

Date: March 16, 2011 12:26AM

I was here when John Kohler started this forum. I guarantee you it was quite volatile at times. The raw foods movement was very small and there was a lot of "competition" between camps. That was about 14 years ago. I have been raw since then without any thought, need or want to do anything else. The forum is a great tool but it isn 't the gospel of eating. Make your own decisions and take what is said as information, not necessarily for you personally. Hasn't changed much really in 14 years.

Date: March 16, 2011 12:30AM

Hi, Kansas...You must have a different handle now? I didn't know this place had been around 14 years! It's funny how many people have signed up in the last two days...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 16, 2011 02:20AM

grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: March 16, 2011 05:00AM

I stop posting when I get sick of seeing new DR threads day after day..but I don't post about it.

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: March 16, 2011 08:26AM

Oh I give peas a chance every chance I get! I LOVE PEAS!!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables