Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

no likey vegetables and salad!
Posted by: witch1000557 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:12PM

oh please help me peeps! I really dont like eating raw vegetable and salad! even if i have the best salad dressing on them i still dont like them. when will ! start to like them? I already have green smoothies, theyr okay, just trying to eat more raw salads. please reply sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no likey vegetables and salad!
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:17PM

never eat anything you don't like.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:40PM

Vegetables/greens are an important part of a raw diet, so excluding them is a bad idea as they contain many key nutrients.

Maybe you could try blending some into your smoothies and try to find other ways to include them. Have you tried all the common vegetables, you never know you might find a few you like.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:55PM

What is it that you don't like exactly? If you have been very narrow in food choices in the past, then perhaps it's more of a question of exposing yourself to more variety. I have found that people who are not raised to eat diverse foods have almost a phobic response to anything outside what they are used to. So I would continue to eat more and more fresh foods, noting which you like most (or hate the least!) but not refusing to eat anything.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: April 30, 2011 12:21PM

Yes, completely cutting out vegetables is not a good idea. They tend to be richer in minerals than fruits and round out your nutrient balance.

You don't have to eat raw vegetable salads if you can get your head or two of greens plus some other veg in another way, such as: green smoothies, lettuce (or leafy green) wraps, faux pastas with veggie strips as noodles, veggie dips with greens mixed in, or liberally sprinkling in mild herbs like parsley into dishes you do like.

Have you tried butterhead (also called Boston or bibb) lettuce? It's softer in texture and flavor and more agreeable to many people. Also have you tried cutting your veg in different ways? Texture is a big player in food palatability, too. You could try putting things like cauliflower in the blender until it's rice-like, peeling zucchini or cucumber into strips for faux pasta, or shredding carrots or beets.

I agree with bananawho that it may take spending more time discovering the hundreds of varieties of vegetables readily available as well as getting more familiar with the virtually infinite flavor and texture combos available in dishes. New foods take longer to get used to as you get older. So, please be patient!

There are numerous resources for raw recipes online or, if you prefer, there are some books out that may help you get started. Some may even be available for free at your local libraries. And, don't be discouraged by not liking some (or many of the recipes). You only need to find a few raw veg recipes you like, but it may take dozens or hundreds of tries.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:43PM

Eat what you like from the wide variety of sweet, juicy fruits available. Don't worry about not getting nutrients from veggies. Fruits have everything you need for health. If in time you develop a relish for some veggies then go ahead and eat.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:06PM

I didn't always like the foods I like now. Your tastes change over time.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 30, 2011 05:01PM

If they don't taste good for you right now, then don't eat them. But keep on checking, because as you eat more raw foods and get healthier, you will be surprised at how your tastes will change. Also take a look at raw vegetables that you haven't tried yet. There are hundreds of varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuces, etc, and some of those may taste good to you. Or not. In that case, don't eat them.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 02, 2011 05:22PM

Try juicing things too and adding them in with juice that you do like.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: May 02, 2011 08:17PM

Then eat fruit and juice your vegetables. You can juice a half a pound of spinach or kale with 2lbs of carrot juice and not taste the greens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables