Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Courage or what?
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: July 24, 2011 01:29AM

Hi all,

After reading the book "How I conquered cancer naturally" by Eydie Mae, I was amazed by her desicion to give raw food diet a try. Courage?

the raw food diet did shrink her breast tumor and stay that way. I really do not know how many years she survive or ...can not find more info about her..

She ate lots of fruits, do not mix fruits and vegetables except pineapple....

Can raw food diet shrink the tumor?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Courage or what?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 24, 2011 06:45AM

Consuming more fruits and vegetables helps prevent cancer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 06:51AM by suncloud.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 24, 2011 12:56PM

jj2011 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After reading the book "How I conquered cancer
> naturally" by Eydie Mae, I was amazed by her
> desicion to give raw food diet a try. Courage?
No, it goes deeper than Courage.
First, you have to be knowledgeable of your options. Raw Foods is just one method of allowing the Body to heal itself. It's a slow process (based on the amount you eat). Fasting is the quickest way to heal, and when your Back is to the wall, when you've reached the end of your Rope, you may try unusual methods.....and 'Move with Fear', as Noah did in the Bible.......WY

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: July 24, 2011 06:17PM

suncloud Wrote:
> Consuming more fruits and vegetables helps prevent
> cancer.

Ultimately fruits are not good for cancer, outside of the mind/body/spirit equation PEMFT would be the next best therapy in reducing tumor size!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 24, 2011 06:53PM

jj,

The book, Outsmart Your Cancer, by Tanya Harter Pierce, cites a plethora of cases where dietary intervention resulted in reversal of cancer. Whether it's the body healing itself through plant based nutrients, or the nutrients directly that effects this, is not strictly known. I think it's a combination of the two.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 24, 2011 09:10PM

I believe our society has just recently begun to experience a kind of "renaissance" of nutritional information, with incredible advances in research into the capacity for nutrition to prevent and affect disease. We are now beginning to see the results from verified research; AND, it turns out that much of what we've believed all along is supported by mounting evidence!

From ScienceDaily: "Cornell researchers have identified a dozen compounds -- triterpenoids -- in apple peel that either inhibit or kill cancer cells in laboratory cultures."

[www.sciencedaily.com]

From Texas A&M University: "More than twenty epidemological studies suggest an inverse relation between consumption of citrus fruits and many types of cancer."

[phytochemicals.tamu.edu]

From American Institute of Cancer Research: "All berries, but particularly strawberries and raspberries, are rich in ellagic acid. In laboratory studies, this phytochemical has shown the ability to prevent cancers of the skin, bladder, lung, esophagus and breast. Research suggests that ellagic acid seems to utilize several different cancer-fighting methods at once: it acts as an antioxidant, it helps the body deactivate specific carcinogens and it helps slow the reproduction of cancer cells.

Strawberries also contain a wide range of other phytochemicals, called flavonoids, each of which seems to employ a similar array of anti-cancer strategies.

Blueberries contain a family of phenolic compounds called anthocyanosides, which many scientists believe are among the most potent antioxidants yet discovered."

[www.aicr.org]

From webmd: Various components in cruciferous vegetables have been linked to lower cancer risks. Some have shown the ability to stop the growth of cancer cells for tumors in the breast, uterine lining (endometrium), lung, colon, liver, and cervix, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research.

A review of research published in the October 1996 issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association showed that 70% or more of the studies found a link between cruciferous vegetables and protection against cancer.

Various components in cruciferous vegetables have been linked to lower cancer risks. Some have shown the ability to stop the growth of cancer cells for tumors in the breast, uterine lining (endometrium), lung, colon, liver, and cervix, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research.

[www.webmd.com]

From the American Cancer Society: "Diets high in vegetables and fruits have been linked with lower risk of colon cancer. Diets high in processed and/or red meats have been linked with a higher risk."

[www.cancer.org]

From the American Cancer Society: "Grapes, eggplant, red cabbage, and radishes all contain anthocyanidins -- flavonoids that act as antioxidants and may protect against some cancers and heart disease. Quercetin, another flavonoid with antioxidant properties, is found in apples, onions, teas, and red wine. Ellagic acid, found in raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, strawberries, and walnuts, also is said to have anti-cancer effects (see Ellagic Acid).

Carotenoids, which give carrots, yams, cantaloupe, squash, and apricots their orange color, are also promoted as anticancer agents."

[www.cancer.org]

In addition, current research is investigating possible cancer-prevention properties of several nuts and seeds, including grape seeds, brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, etc. Frequent consumption of nuts and seeds is currently linked to prevention of cardiovascular disease.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 09:17PM by suncloud.

Date: July 24, 2011 10:28PM

Hi Suncloud,

Thank you for your effort and work. This is great info.

Thank you ALL.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: July 25, 2011 04:50AM

Since "genealogy" is my hobby, "Eydie" Mae Hunsberger was born in Indiana on April 5, 1927 as Edith Mae Miller. She married Arnold Leonard Hunsberger in 1946, had two children with him, both born in California, and died in San Diego County, CA on June 23, 1984 at age 56 years.

Arnold Hunsberger, with two partners, founded Electric Elevator Company, later U.S. Elevator Company, headquartered in San Diego, CA, but was apparently retired from that business prior to his death at age 76 on Nov. 20, 2003. Their claim to fame apparently was making outside glass elevators for hotels, etc.

I have no personal knowledge of the cause of their deaths, though "AccesstoEnergy.com" claims Eydie died in "an accident".

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 25, 2011 08:03AM

KFCA Wrote:
> I have no personal knowledge of the cause of their
> deaths, though "AccesstoEnergy.com" claims Eydie
> died in "an accident".
Thanks for providing us with this information. I tried to find something about her online, but couldn't.
There is information about Johanna Brandt, author of "The Grape Cure", at Wikipedia......WY

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: July 25, 2011 02:09PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> suncloud Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Consuming more fruits and vegetables helps
> prevent
> > cancer.
>
>
> Ultimately fruits are not good for cancer, outside
> of the mind/body/spirit equation PEMFT would be
> the next best therapy in reducing tumor size!

Im sorry but this is completely untrue. Refer to my posts in this cancer thread.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com], noting that many cancer patients have been cured with grape fasts.

The truth behind cancer and especially tumors is simply this: the channels of elimination (kidneys, bowels, skin, lungs etc) are simply underactive and the lymph system is toxic and backed up. The getting the kidneys and adrenal working well again is critical in reducing and tumors (which are really just balls of lymph fluid).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 02:11PM by WorkoutMan.

Date: July 25, 2011 04:26PM

You are quite welcome WY, though I wouldn't yet take the cause of her death as "an accident" to the bank. People lie about their backgrounds A Lot. Until I see an official document, such as a death certificate, I take a vague statement such as "an accident" with many grains of salt. I'll see if I can find something a little more precise for Eydie/Edith.

Date: July 25, 2011 07:22PM

KFCA,

I truly believe that "genealogy" is your hobby. I could not get more info about her from google.

Thanks for your work and sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 07:22PM by jj2011.

Date: July 25, 2011 09:14PM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
> rzman10001 Wrote:
> -----
> > suncloud Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Consuming more fruits and vegetables helps
> > prevent
> > > cancer.
> >
> >
> > Ultimately fruits are not good for cancer,
> outside
> > of the mind/body/spirit equation PEMFT would be
> > the next best therapy in reducing tumor size!
>
> Im sorry but this is completely untrue. Refer to
> my posts in this cancer thread.
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com],
> noting that many cancer patients have been cured
> with grape fasts.
>
> The truth behind cancer and especially tumors is
> simply this: the channels of elimination
> (kidneys, bowels, skin, lungs etc) are simply
> underactive and the lymph system is toxic and
> backed up. The getting the kidneys and adrenal
> working well again is critical in reducing and
> tumors (which are really just balls of lymph
> fluid).

Well I don't have time to argue but for you to say my statment is completely untrue is not only an insult to me but is completely untrue in itself. Sure a person can heal while eating fruit especially while fasting on it. People can heal eating meat three times a day also? The studies at Hippocrates show clearly that fruit is not the best if you are seriously sick. Also considering how many people have systemic yeast infections when they have cancer(weak immune system).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2011 09:36PM

It is very helpful when presenting an opinion to state "in my opinion" or "in my experience" rather than saying that something is definitively one way or the other. This allows others the space to argue their point to an open minded audience instead of one that has discarded any contrary view points as "wrong" before even having had a discussion about it. Just a thought.

Date: July 29, 2011 11:04PM

coco Wrote:
> It is very helpful when presenting an opinion to
> state "in my opinion" or "in my experience" rather
> than saying that something is definitively one way
> or the other. This allows others the space to
> argue their point to an open minded audience
> instead of one that has discarded any contrary
> view points as "wrong" before even having had a
> discussion about it. Just a thought.

Thanks coco, you are quite the diplomat. I trust Brian Clement to do the right thing, and have had many conversations with him as well as listened to countless hours of lecture.

Date: November 03, 2011 11:24PM

I finally got around to checking out Eydie Mae's cause of death since, as I mentioned previously, "an accident" was a little vague. When I checked the "comments" section of the reviews for her book at Amazon, someone said that they heard she died in an automobile-bike accident when she & her husband were out biking, & she was hit by a car. Oddly, considering the Hunsbergers' long-time presence in SD County & their local prominence, I could find no newspaper obituaries for either.

However, according to her San Diego County Death Certificate, she died at her home in Dulzura, San Diego County, CA, on June 24, 1984 at age 56. Her immediate cause of death was "Heart Failure" as a consequence of "Carcinomatosis", as a consequence of "Carcinoma of Breast".

Date: November 03, 2011 11:59PM

KFCA,

Thanks for doing the investigative work smiling smiley

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 04, 2011 12:20AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 12:21AM by marsh.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 04, 2011 02:08AM

Great info in this thread.

Date: November 04, 2011 03:50PM

HeavenHands Wrote:
> Great info in this thread.

Especially the part about fruit being bad when you have cancer, being untrue!

Posted by: CoreyB ()
Date: November 06, 2011 07:04AM

Now I don't know what to think.

My copy of "How I cured cancer naturally" starts off, "We had gone to bed that evening back in February 1973. This means Eydie Mae survived for eleven years if she died in 1984 of breast cancer.

My copy of the book is Copyright 1992 Arnold Hunsberger. Eydie Mae had been dead for eight years at that time.

Cured? What went wrong?

Date: November 06, 2011 01:11PM

Corey,

I am assuming she was in remission well before she wrote the book and had it published; those things take time. However, being cancer-free for eleven years after diagnosis is still a much, much higher longer post-dianostic survival period than is typical. Don't be dismayed.

Date: November 06, 2011 02:51PM

According to her death certificate, Eydie Mae had her cancer biopsy in 1973. Her book, with co-author Chris Loeffler, was first published in 1975, then republished as a Second Edition in 1992 with a different publisher, apparently by her husband. I personally think it rather disingenuous for that second publication AS IF Eydie Mae was still around when she had been dead for 8 years. Likely, that "death by accident story" came from Mr. H.

Also, according to Eydie's D/C, her cancer was medically diagnosed as "Carcinomatosis" 3 years before her death, but I think it would be rather unknown as to how long the metastisizing had actually been going on.

Posted by: CoreyB ()
Date: November 07, 2011 05:11PM

This is easier than tracing this down in Dr Kelly's book.

[educate-yourself.org]

"The total withdrawal from protein has been the fallacy of many cancer diets, such as the "Grape Cure." This is also the reason these diets have worked so well for the first few months — no protein — thus freeing the pancreatic enzymes to digest the cancer. Yet, over prolonged periods of total abstinence from protein, the pancreas fails. Proper balance and regulated intake is the answer."

But then you have Bernard Jensen who cured himself of prostate cancer in six months on carrot juice. A psa of 1,600 with metastases.

[www.rethinkingcancer.org]

What do you think?

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 07, 2011 05:45PM

i was born into ann wigmores wheat grass cult and my mom is banned from hospitals for doing wheatgrass therapy

life vs lifelessness

Date: November 07, 2011 05:57PM

Workoutman wrote about grape cures for cancer. I have a book from the Arnold Ehret foundation called 'The Grape Cure' by Dr Johanna Brandt. She cured herself of cancer by fasting and grapes, and travelled to America to promote her cure. She was met with opposition by the medical community, though founded a cancer clinic there for many years.

Science now has discovered that grapes contain what is known as 'resveratrol' that tests have shown to stop the growth of cancer cells and also begin to attack and destroy the cancer cells, particularly breast cancer cells, though they have tested many other types of cancer with similar results.

It's whats behind the 'drink a glass of RED wine after a meal' thing. Since the belief is that fermentation concentrates the resveratrol.

Date: November 07, 2011 10:36PM

neat. lots of people like my moms raisin walnut ballz. good for the brain and the prevention of cencer. with resveratrol

life vs lifelessness

Date: November 08, 2011 08:55AM

You bet Diogenez, I also bet they're delich, cheers

Date: November 08, 2011 12:59PM

i forgot a little ginger in them to help digestion.

Have you seen the movie dying to have known? that is maybe one of the better fighting cancer movies i have seen besides a delicate balance, processed people or forks over knives.

life vs lifelessness

Date: November 08, 2011 02:56PM

CoreyB Wrote:
> This is easier than tracing this down in Dr
> Kelly's book.
>
> [educate-yourself.org]
> iet13dec02.shtml
>
> "The total withdrawal from protein has been the
> fallacy of many cancer diets, such as the "Grape
> Cure." This is also the reason these diets have
> worked so well for the first few months — no
> protein — thus freeing the pancreatic enzymes to
> digest the cancer. Yet, over prolonged periods of
> total abstinence from protein, the pancreas fails.
> Proper balance and regulated intake is the
> answer."
>
> But then you have Bernard Jensen who cured himself
> of prostate cancer in six months on carrot juice.
> A psa of 1,600 with metastases.
>
> [www.rethinkingcancer.org]
> -articles/15_1-2/natural-healing-power.php
>
> What do you think?

My teacher, Dr. Morse was a personal friend of Dr Jensen. Anyway, a mono diet of only grapes is not a total abstinence from protein. It would even contain all of the essential amino acids. However I could believe the pancreas becoming weak with time. But who cares, your not going to eat grapes forever. Its really important to deal with the cancer right away. All the misinformation about fruit feeding cancer is pretty shortsighted to be honest. And if Clement and Cousins and all those guys were so good at curing cancer, then Dr. Morse wouldn't be getting a whole string of their patients. Someone is going to produce blood sugar not matter what they eat, the problems are always connected to high blood sugar. A low fat fruit diet dosen't cause high blood sugar. Its true that sugar is fuel for cells, including cancer cells. Its time people started understanding cancer alot more and realized that cancer cells are cells that are damaged by acids, to stop the development of cancer, you have to reduce acidosis. All cancers are related to the lymph system. You need to clean out the lymph system and get the kidneys working well, and fruits help very nicely with this.

Jensen may have cured his cancer in 6 months on carrots, but probably could ahve done it in 2-3 months on grapes. Fruits are at the top of the mountain for cancer!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables