Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

William Harris MD, 80 yrs. old, vegan since 1964
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 05, 2011 07:16AM

I thought this was an inspiring video (below) by William Harris MD, former emergency physician and director of the Kaiser Permanente Vegetarian Lifestyle Clinic in Honolulu.

The video is over an hour, but it's definitely worth it to hang in there for at least 12 minutes when he does his rope-climbing demonstration! The video contains lots of good nutrition info. I'll probably have to watch a little at a time.

[www.youtube.com]

This is his website:

[www.vegsource.com]

If you read his page on "raw/cooked", don't worry. At the end he says: "All the foregoing sounds like a frontal assault on the raw fooders, but it's not...Summary: The Raw Fooders are probably right but maybe not for their stated reasons."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 07:19AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: William Harris MD, 80 yrs. old, vegan since 1964
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 05, 2011 03:01PM

That was a really interesting lecture--thanks for posting!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: August 05, 2011 04:37PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was a really interesting lecture--thanks for
> posting!
Tam...I looked at some of it. He's amazingly fit for being 80-years old. His message can off as being too 'textbook', and dry, for me. I prefer a David Wolfe lecture, even though I agree with Harris rather than Wolfe...A good Health Lecture should be entertaining while presenting the views of the speaker, don't you think?......WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 05, 2011 05:14PM

WY,

I found it entertaining! Dr. Harris does go into the science of stuff to a great extent, but I'm a nerd and love that kind of thing. His personal appreciation for veganism and healthiness does come through in the rest of the lecture, and the majority of the hour is him answering questions from the audience. I actually learned a few new things about human biology.

"Entertaining" is a relative term to me: I find sometimes that a really enthusiastic lecturer may not be as informative as I'd like, for trying to entrertain first and foremost. This sometimes comes off to me as phoniness, or lack of authority.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: August 08, 2011 01:23PM

cool find

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: September 22, 2011 04:41AM

I love the lectures [url-[www.vsh.org]]The Vegetarian Society[/url] of Hawaii posts. Personally, I find Dr. Harris informative, but if you like a bit more dynamism, you might try Dr. Greger, WheatgrassYogi. He lectures on current studies, but does it in a 'quiz show' format and uses some mild humor to keep his lectures interesting.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 23, 2011 12:55AM

Great video, suncloud. I just watched the whole thing.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:00AM

I thought his lecture was sweet as.. perhaps a Wolfe lecture would be more entertaining, but this guy has what it takes, and is obviously living by what he preaches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables