Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What Are You Doing To Create The Raw Food Future You Want To Live In?
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: August 14, 2011 01:23AM

What are you doing the create an abundant raw food future for you, your family, and the world?

It's easy to be raw yourself if you're devoted, but it takes connections, and solid bridge institutions in the physical world, to get society as a whole to start changing.

Tired of being in the the less-than-ideal present? It'll never get better if we don't start changing things. I'm a writer by profession, and so I do most of my raw food advocacy online at www.raw-food-health.net, which reaches thousands of people a day, but I recognize that I don't do enough in my own community. It's the physical world where the real changes happen.

Back when I lived in Connecticut I made an attempt to plant a community orchard, but after running into interference with local politicians I threw in the towel without putting up enough of a fight. I know I could have done better.

Someone who I think has done a marvelous job at not only creating a source of cheap organic produce for her neighbors in Houston but also educating many people about the benefits of raw food is Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram, who I originally met at H&F week in 2009.

I just posted an interview with her here: [www.raw-food-health.net] in which she talks at length about how her co-op operates and the tremendous impact it's had for herself, the farmers she buys from, and her many members.

I'm curious to know what things you guys are doing to create a more abundant raw food world for us to inhabit. Any great examples?

If not, what are you waiting for? Why aren't you moving?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Are You Doing To Create The Raw Food Future You Want To Live In?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 14, 2011 07:30AM

That's pretty cool. Nice article. Go Kristina!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 14, 2011 01:00PM

I will have to humbly admit that its enough of a challenge to create just my own raw food world,as I struggle with so many past cravings for every thing and anything cooked,cheesy,and meaty.And within only 1 mile from my house there are pizza shops,McDonalds,Burger Kings galore,and the parking lots are usually full.
I think it must touch a person on a very deep level to want to even consider trying to eat a raw food diet,and its my opinion that only a select few in this world are called to do so and actually appreciate what its all about.
I make my quart of fresh fruit juice every morning,and then a quart of fresh veggie juice every afternoon.
I have two 4x8' garden boxes where I grow some veggies,and I grow sprouts on my window sill.
I do these things and hopefully the folks around me will catch onto these vibes.
I guess thats all anyone can do.Start from the inside out.
Vinny

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 14, 2011 06:58PM

Sounds great eaglefly - I'm sure it's noticed.

It's a good question RusticBohemian - As Horticulture is my trade I am trying to spread the word about permaculture and forest gardening. I am trying to educate people about growing perenial veg. etc, not digging the soil and to improve the macrorrhizal (sorry very dodgy spelling I think) structure within it.

But I will ponder about what else I could do - thanks for the thought.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:31AM

Wow, thanks for the site link! I am always on the lookout for new info/sites and this one is very straight-forward!

Date: August 15, 2011 08:01AM

Eagle, good for you for making your juices and growing your veggies and sprouts on your window sill. You are truly fine, and we love you.

I didn't know you were doing that flipperjan. That's great!

For a few years, I grew and sold certified organic produce - mainly apple bananas - and several other tropical fruits as well. We still have fruits that we give away, as well as the banana keikis (baby banana plants).

I'm getting a little older and feel more driven to do something with my brain, as long as I still have one. So I went back to school, and I've been working toward becoming a dietitian. It's hard, but so far, so good.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 08:08AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:38PM

Good luck, suncloud!

Date: August 15, 2011 06:09PM

Thank you Tam. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables